Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Moving Abroad

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Has anyone considered or has moved abroad from the country they grew up in?

I myself have considered moving to other countries for a better life, better weather, etc

Did consider the USA until I went on a 3 week road trip around the west coast and found it sooo boring.

Have also considered Canada where I have relatives but hate the winter - it too cold and also the summer is actually too damn hot also.

I have an Aunt that left England for Toronto 11 year ago and never got the chance to come back until a few weeks ago, .. she was shocked at the life in England.. the high house prices down south and the cost of food and eating out. We worked out KFC and McDonalds was about 4 times more expensive here.

And her house in Canada which is worth about £180,000 and has 6 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, garage and basement with room to built 3 more rooms wouldn't even get her a decent two bedroom flat in London.

Now she is thinking of relocating to Goa (on the west coast of India) to enjoy a more relaxed life near the beach.

I would like to consider Australia .. my Dad's friend who was from there is going back at the end of the year after being in the UK for many years.

So what about yourselves?

Comments