Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

P.m.s

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ive always had problems when im due on however they are getting worse.
Im getting really ratty, fly off the handle and just a pure bitch sometimes. Whilst im kind of loosing it I dont realise what im saying or doing till after, then i think *you cow*.

I also have a bad time with periods again always have so probably always will. I suffer from bad stomachs and all the rest.

Anyway what have people taken be it medication from the doc or herbal type stuff to try and sort them out. I really need to sort my problem out because my symptoms are getting worse every month.

Any advice or helpful hints will be appreciated :)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    you could try...
    Oil supplement - linseed is good and cheap
    Agnus Castus - which is a hormonal balancer
    Black Cohosh - ditto
    Multi mineral supplements
    Magnesium
    Don Quoi (sp?) a chinese medicine herbal for female hormones

cut out refined carbs and keep sugar to a minimum
    vit c and a multi can be good.
    Massage as often as possible, exercise - running is good (15 minutes a day 3 days a week.

buy the best supplements you can afford, I only really buy Biocare 0121 433 3727 http://www.biocare.co.uk/index.html . their product don't have anything in except the most bio-available ingredients.

if you want any of this explaining more let me know - hope it is helpful.

oh and chocolate as a last resort :)
    Hi Becky,

I'd suggest either going to the youngest GP in your practice (often very up to date with new treatments, and may be more open-mined about alternative health), or going to see a registered herbalist or naturopath.
    Cheers for your help, I will go to to the doc, I really need to sort it. I think after having prescribed treatment which hasnt really helped I may try an alternative herbal type remedy :)
    Originally posted by girl with sharp teeth
    for the actual periods have you ever tried mefenamic acid to help? ask your doctor if he'll let you try it, it worked wonders for me.

as for the rattiness, supplements like evening primrose, starflower and the like are available just about everywhere and are pretty damn cheap. my mum swears by them. also, things like diet are really supposed to help keep the bitch in you behind bars, so have a chat with the doctor about cutting out certain things.

I haven't tried mefenamic before, but I will mention it to the doc.

I have in the past used evening primrose and used to swear by it but these days it does not seem to be working like it used to.

I find evening primrose works better if taken in conjunction with a vitamin B6 supplement. I actually read about a drink the other day that is supposed to reduce PMS symptoms in 95% of women. Its a potato based carbohydrate drink, and apparently it really works for some reason. I read it in the mirror the other day. I cant remember what its called but ill try and find out for you.
    http://http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/2056408.stm
    the guardian doesnt seem that keen on it, but if i remember rightly the daily mirror was singing its praises.
    That link doesent seem to be working Rainbow, but I wouldnt mind finding out something about that.
    I have had a few probs tonight using the internet though, so the problem could be my end :)