Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Humans, hunted and eaten by humans.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Every time you think that unending war in the Congo can't get worst...it does.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/africa/05/22/congo.un.pygmy.ap/index.html

Comments

• Options
    Africas a complete mess , they cant govern themselves.
  • Options
    It's been going on so long also.
  • Options
    fast food takeaway!
  • Options
    Originally posted by The Matadore
    Africas a complete mess , they cant govern themselves.

What a rascist staement!

'They' govern themselves perfectly well in many places, do you have the obvious solution to the Congo civil war then.

You are ridiculous sometimes.............:rolleyes:
  • Options
    I know it is controversial , but most of Africa is ruled by tribal warlords , they take aid and store it in Swiss bank accounts.

Id like to see the west as a whole make an effort to help Africa , but it is understandable why they are reluctant to.
  • Options
    Where do you get this nonsense from??? Most of Africa has proper government structures. Perhaps they suffer from raging coup d'etat syndrome, but you can thank your imperialistic forebears for how they ran many of these now troubled countries during the colonial era, exacerbating ethnic divisions before abandoning them at the end of empire.

You really should get more credible information sources than that right wing crap you seem to adhere to so much.
  • Options
    Most population or most geographical area, you going to prove that statement is true or can I ridicule you for saying stupid things?

Yes there is a lot of corruption in African govts, probably more so than many places but that does not add up to 'they cannot rule themselves'.

Europe was ruled by monarchs and the feudal system for centuries, a crap system by pour standards, was that because of some general flaw in the population or was it something else? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    I think some of the news coverage is racist too...including when a continent like Africa is pretty much not reported on in the US. If I didn't hit the Internet...I wouldn't have heard anything about this.
  • Options
    Just take a look at the continent as a whole , it is a complete mess!

Latin America and Asia are slowly improving , I wonder why Africa is not?
  • Options
    There are 54 nations in Africa Matadore, and you cannot put them all in the same bag. Most of them are very poor, but they are not all or even most of them engulfed in conflicts.

Just over half a century ago- a blink of an eye in historical terms- Europe was engulfed in wars and many countries were ruled by brutal dictatorships. Could you have said then that Europeans could not govern themselves?

Politically Africa is younger- and therefore less advanced- than Europe and in 50 years time the picture will be completely different.
  • Options
    Perhaps , Africa is younger (politically) but I dont see it improving as a whole any time soon.