Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Allergies

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What are you allergic to? I'm not sure if it's an allergy, but generally when I need bread (not toasted) I sneezed quite a few times - even when I haven't sneezed for ages.

Comments

• Options
    Weird...
    I dont have any, or at least not any that i've discovered yet... lucky me!
  • Options
    Re: Allergies
    Originally posted by Mobily's Ghost
    What are you allergic to? I'm not sure if it's an allergy, but generally when I need bread (not toasted) I sneezed quite a few times - even when I haven't sneezed for ages.

Anything spicy, and BBQ sauce (so allergic to it, I can't bear to spell it properly).
  • Options
    penicillin and washing up liquid

great for getting out of doing the washing up...until my dad had the bright idea of marigolds :(
  • Options
    im not exactly allergic to anything, but i have hayfever, which can make summer seem hellish! :(
  • Options
    I'm very allergic to cats! I can't even be at the same room with one!
  • Options
    What are you allergic to?

No-one ever believes me when I tell them what I'm allergic to - I have an allergy to the cold.

I have to take one tablet everyday for the rest of my life - otherwise if I go out in cold weather, swim in cold water etc, I come out in horrible white, itchy bumps all over. :eek2:
  • Options
    im allergic to dust, as soon as i go into my bfs room my eyes start going red

and speed.... makes my eyes puff up and go red and sore, but stil :heart: the stuff...

and pollen, and trees....

im allergic to everything, take allergy tablets every day *sigh*
  • Options
    when i was youner i used to be allergic to milk, but now its cream and wiskey.
    with the cream i get very very sick, and i have one almighty hangover, and with wiskey the smell of it makes me want to spew, and if i even taste it even like a drop i puke.
  • Options
    i'm alergic to alcohol. it makes me slur my words and my legs go in different directions t0 each other.
  • Options
    If I ever have anything with Penicillin in it again, I might die :eek:
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    i'm alergic to alcohol. it makes me slur my words and my legs go in different directions t0 each other.

that happens to me too! is there a cure?
  • Options
    eretheromyecin .....think thats how you spell it :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by eefs
    that happens to me too! is there a cure?

Yep, drink until you hit the floor! Then your legs won't be moving and you won't be slurring your words. :p
  • Options
    Clearasil.
    Remember going to hospital when I used that, face swelled up really really bad. :eek2:
    They did loads of tests on my back, like put a tiny bit of all the ingredients on a grid, to see which one was the one causing the problems. Not pleasant. :crazyeyes
  • Options
    Washing powder, makes my hands itchy :eek2:
  • Options
    Re: Re: Allergies
    Originally posted by *hellie*
    No-one ever believes me when I tell them what I'm allergic to - I have an allergy to the cold.

I have to take one tablet everyday for the rest of my life - otherwise if I go out in cold weather, swim in cold water etc, I come out in horrible white, itchy bumps all over. :eek2:

'kin hell!! at last someone else with cold urticaria! no-one ever belives me either.

i take antihistamines anyway for my allergies to animals, pollen, dust and pretty much everything else i encounter daily - but yep, i can't get cold. cold and wet is even worse - cant go in the sea, cant go out in the rain or splash in puddles :( it's like heat rash, but a zillion times more itchy and sore, and takes longer to go.

my medical allergies are penicillin and fabric elastoplast.

summer is no fun due to hayfever and asthma, winter is no fun due to the cold. cannae win.
  • Options
    my two fave things in the world are bananas and prawns and coconuts are a close third and yet my doctors insistant im allergic to them

and as for alergies i should have but havnt everyone in my mums family and dads family is allergic to penicillin and yet im not which just sucks cause its rank.
  • Options

do you mean need bread or nead bread?

do you work in a bakery?
  • Options
    oranges and tomatoes make my neck itch! weirdo
    Im slightly allergic to some cats, a lot to others and used to be to kittensweirdo Some summers I have hayfever..some I dontweirdo

My friends bro is allergic to garlic and its nearly killed him before....funny that I never actually see him in the day time..funny that.....
  • Options
    I'm not allergic but oily food makes me sick.. not at first but about an hour later.

Does this happen to anyone else?
    I used to work in a place where every friday was fish day and it was deep fried in oil.

Anyway it was really yummy at the time but about an hour or two later I felt so sick, same thing if I eat crisps because they're fried as well but not Thai Bites cos they are baked.

Now I tend to have oven chips instead of friend ones and grill fish.

However Indian food is the worse because it's soo yummy at the time of eating but then it gets you a few hours later!! Espacially if you go down to Southall to eat.

So anyeone else get sick when they have oily food?
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Allergies
    Originally posted by sfnu
    'kin hell!! at last someone else with cold urticaria! no-one ever belives me either.

Wow! I've never met anyone else with it before. Weirdness. :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by lil_minx
    im allergic to dust, as soon as i go into my bfs room my eyes start going red

Me too, is horrible! I'm allergic to pure orange juice aswell, too much acid in it, gives me a rash.