Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Eye Troubles

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by wee wuman
    i have looked at the sites. i just want to talk to someone about it. i know all the medical stuff and i know my options im just really really frightened, at times i feel at breaking point and i cry alot about it especially now as its a little worse. its just all too much at times.

What about your local Association for the Blind, athough their name may suggest that you don't need them yet, but they are actually there to support someone in your condition?

I know that the Kent Association for the Blind offer counselling session in these circumstances...
    ok thanks. i do appreciate your advice really ;)
    im not the BEATCH that some people think i am just a girl with a problem :(
    im not the BEATCH that some people think i am just a girl with a problem :(

Didn't think you were, just that you needed to lose that "woe is me" approach that you started with.

Just out of interest but hasn't your local Hospital put you in touch with any support groups?
    but of course i was thinking "woe is me", i still do at times but thats all part of the process and ide like to shake the hand of the person who has received bad news and never felt sorry for themselves. its hard to be always on the up!
    the hospital have never put me in touch with support groups but they have been great. explained everything clearly and been honest with me and thats what i want.
    i have good days and bad days. im realistic, i know im not dying but its hard as retinopathy isnt the only complication of diabetes and i worry about the future alot.
    please tell me how it seems fake? i would like to know, thanks.
    if i was faking it i seem to know hell of alot about it if you read one of my earlier posts. please do tell! :confused:

Well, for the sake of halting this argument, I won't comment. If you'd like to know, grab me via PM and I can explain why I said that.
    well i have pm,d you i await your reply! :impissed: