Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Alton Towers

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey. I don't have a car but want to go to Alton Towers from Southport (near liverpool) in the North West.

Does anyone know any rail or bus links, or firms doin day trip offers? I've looked around but everything seems to be linked in from the Midlands.

Thanks!

Jo
xxxx

Comments

• Options
    i think virgin trains are....check their site

edited cos i'm special...:angel:
  • Options
    Ooh Alton Towers is cool.

Theres a train that goes from Liverpool Lime Street to Birmingham that goes via Stafford. From there you can get a bus to Alton Towers.
  • Options
    try www.thetrainline.com

i think youd have to get a train into/via somewhere like uttoxeter and get a connecting bus,or wolverhampton stafford and birmingham do connecting busses
  • Options
    Wouldn't it be cool if all the people from around the country all hooked up in a place like Alton Towers? .. having said that I hate rollor coasters!!

...Well I like the ones where you hang underneath the rails, feels like your superman and can fly, (that was in Canada's wonderland) have no idea if there's anything like that in Alton Towers.
  • Options
    You'd probably need to change trains at least once, plus get a bus. Alton Towers is in the middle of nowhere.

When are you going to Alton Towers???
  • Options
    Thought we could go as a little treat.... unless you don't want to...
  • Options
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    Wouldn't it be cool if all the people from around the country all hooked up in a place like Alton Towers? .. having said that I hate rollor coasters!!

...Well I like the ones where you hang underneath the rails, feels like your superman and can fly, (that was in Canada's wonderland) have no idea if there's anything like that in Alton Towers.

Air is like that isn't it?
  • Options
    Midland Mainline do a special package thing, think its about £40 and that covers travel to the nearest station, coach to Alton Towers and entry to the park and the same when you go home, coach back to the station then a train! :)
  • Options
    I LOVE ALTON TOWERS! even though i've only been once in 2000 when there was only oblivion and nemesis an none of the newer rides like 'air'.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mz Stonedalot
    Midland Mainline do a special package thing, think its about £40 and that covers travel to the nearest station, coach to Alton Towers and entry to the park and the same when you go home, coach back to the station then a train! :)
    Would that include going from Liverpool then? And have you got a link?
  • Options
    Some taxi companys do a special mini-bus ride for about £25-£30, so check your local taxi companies out!

Virgin Trains do one, don't know exactly where they start from (except Stockport because I'm going in July :p) and it's £28 if you buy the ticket 7 or more days before you plan to go.

In any case, get yourself on the Alton Towers website, or ever phone them up! They'll be able to tell you :D Have fun!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by TempleOfDreams
    In any case, get yourself on the Alton Towers website, or ever phone them up! They'll be able to tell you :D Have fun!!
    Duh!
    Thanks
    Didn't think of that one.