Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Why are people so dam rude?!

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,723 Bot
As I go around my uni and about in town I normaly open doors for people, step out of the way if a woman or a pram is coming towards me, but do people smile or say thanks? NO.

Is it really too much to ask for a little smile? they dont even have to bother saying thanks, I'll have my walkman on anyway. But no they dont, they just ingore me as though I wasnt even there, I obviously hold the door open for them and they just ignore me like it opened itself.

I think we need to bring back the days of serfs, that'd teach them some manors.

The whole worlds going to hell in a handbasket I tell you!
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I held a door open for a woman with a pram this one time, and she walked right through and let the pram *with a baby that must have weighed an elephant* go over my foot, then she blamed me for having my foot in the way and stormed off :rolleyes:
  • Options
    I know how you feel mate. I often hold doors open with no thanks. Even worse you go through a door and hold it open for the person behind you only to be left holding the door for the hundreds that have just entered the building as well. Your not when to let the door go cause your gonna upset the person that gets it closed in their face. :mad:
  • Options
    Yeah, know what you mean mate. You are courteous in opening the door or making the effort to get out of their way, but do they say thanks or smile or show any appreciation of your effort and kindness? Not always. Doesn't take much to say thanks or to smile! I normally just mutter and laugh to myself if someone doesn't say thanks or anything.
  • Options
    Its a little thing really but it means quite a bit I think, its just the fact that they can totaly ignore you even though you have obviously tried to be nice.
  • Options
    if i'm holding a door or whatever and they don't thank me, I make a big point of shouting THANKYOU at them so they realise how rude they have been :)
  • Options
    The one that really gets on my tits is people barging past you in pubs or clubs without saying "excuse me" or a small apology. That really winds me up! I normally say "Excuse you" as they walk past but most people won't even acknowledge that sarcastic remark. :mad:
  • Options
    What I usually do is when they've walked past me, and they got their back facing away from me, I give em the finger :D
    Makes you feel much better.

Only jokin, seriously, I think about it for a sec, but then I usually forget about it. As long as I've done my good dead for the day.
  • Options
    I suppose that it should be enough to be nice without looking for a thank you, but, that doesnt excuse their rudeness.
  • Options
    I know what you mean, loads of times ive opened doors for people, even when my hands are full , does anyone ever open door for me nope of coarse not....but o well what can u do?

something that is annoying me that is to do with being polite or not as the case may be is...BUS DRIVERS...whats with the bad attitude all the time , i think they think all teenagers are terrorists in the making???
  • Options
    I think we need some sort of public flogging system really, so people can be dragged through the streets with a sign round their neck saying;
    "I'm a rude git"
    And everyone can throw rotten veg and stuff at them.

(Things would be better if I was in charge)
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    I think we need some sort of public flogging system really, so people can be dragged through the streets with a sign round their neck saying;
    "I'm a rude git"
    And everyone can throw rotten veg and stuff at them.

(Things would be better if I was in charge)

SOUNDS FUN!!!!:D
  • Options
    Re: Why are people so dam rude?!
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    As I go around my uni and about in town I normaly open doors for people, step out of the way if a woman or a pram is coming towards me, but do people smile or say thanks? NO.

Is it really too much to ask for a little smile? they dont even have to bother saying thanks, I'll have my walkman on anyway. But no they dont, they just ingore me as though I wasnt even there, I obviously hold the door open for them and they just ignore me like it opened itself.

I think we need to bring back the days of serfs, that'd teach them some manors.

The whole worlds going to hell in a handbasket I tell you!

fully agree

i do get a smile and a thanks normally, but *dont want to cause friction its just my experience* its always the OAPS who never seem to acknowledge my manors and repay with manors of their own...
  • Options
    I always smaile and say thanks but like you say, so people are just plain rude
  • Options
    That always happens to me too. I just say "fuck you very much too"

:lol:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Crazyredeyes
    That always happens to me too. I just say "fuck you very much too"

:lol:

:lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    Originally posted by candy
    if i'm holding a door or whatever and they don't thank me, I make a big point of shouting THANKYOU at them so they realise how rude they have been :)

LOL! thas sooo me! and if i dont say that, i shout "YOU'RE WELCOME!" at them and they tend to just look at you confused
  • Options
    I had a woman open a door for me today and to be frank it kind of freeked me a bit, I know that sounds really bad but I'm not its happened before. I thanked her a lot though.
  • Options
    rude shop assistants are the best, i went the cinema a couple of weeks ago and got served by the stroppest cow on the planet, so when i asked for a ticket i said "can i have a smile with thats as well please?"

it only pissed her off more, made me giggle though....
  • Options
    I always hold doors open for old people and about 10% of them say thankyou! :( :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by LadyT
    LOL! thas sooo me! and if i dont say that, i shout "YOU'RE WELCOME!" at them and they tend to just look at you confused

Me too!!! after i shout thank you at them , they usually turn around and nod a thank you!!

But NOT all the time!!

I always try and say thank-you and if i don't my b/f nudges me till i say it!!

:p
  • Options
    Some girl dropped her calculator before going into an exam, and it fell right into my path, so i picked it up, and gave it back to them. As i walked off, some boy next to her muttered "arselicker." I thought, no, just common courtesy, something you're obviously lacking in. :mad: