Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Selling houses to help the homeless

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What a good idea. Come on Mr mccartney, Mrs Richie, Mr Sumner (Sting), Mr Evans (Chris), Ms Halliwell...

WHAT A GREAT IDEA...I think Sinead O'connor started the trend though!!

Comments

• Options
    Re: Selling houses to help the homeless
    Originally posted by byny
    What a good idea. Come on Mr mccartney, Mrs Richie, Mr Sumner (Sting), Mr Evans (Chris), Ms Halliwell...

WHAT A GREAT IDEA...I think Sinead O'connor started the trend though!!
    enlighten me please byny.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Selling houses to help the homeless
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    enlighten me please byny.

me 2 :)
  • Options
    The bloke from Pink Floyd (not Syd) has sold one of his houses for 3 million and given the money to CRISIS the homeless charity - he's urging others to do the same :-)
  • Options
    Good Idea. I'd sell my, but I'd be homeless then, and I doubt I'd get 3 million for mine. :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by byny
    The bloke from Pink Floyd (not Syd) has sold one of his houses for 3 million and given the money to CRISIS the homeless charity - he's urging others to do the same :-)

David Gilmour, Pink Floyd's former guitarist and front man was going to sell his house to CRISIS for them to convert into residences for the homeless, but because of the upper market area it was in, it was found to be a move viable idea to sell the house and use the profits to build a residence shelter somewhere else in london. My hat goes off to him!
  • Options
    Yep, respect to that man!
  • Options
    What a lovely thing to do. But like mr maypoo... something tells me Im not going to get £3000,000 for mine!

But i always said if i ever wqon the lottery :rolleyes: or got nfamous for that matter and made millions :thumb: i'd give at least a couple of million to charity. In my opinion, no ONE person can possibly need £50,000,000. That's just ridiculous.