Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Heather and Paul Mccartney

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
What is it with this press hatered of heather Mills... Give the woman a break.

Theres been this thread on my works chat thingy where people (Supposedly educated) have really slagged her off.. I think its an insult to Paul Mccartney. This whole idea that he was so grief stricken that he got sucked into somekind of honey trap. PAH!
He has a brain, he's fallen in love, she's fallen in love...so what..why does everyone have to be so suspicious.

My dad and mum split up and they both met someone new and I thought good for them, so it was strange, so what - They are adults, I'm an adult...surely they deserve happiness?

And I remember a time when Linda mccartney was hated by the press - now shes hailed as a saint!

FFS
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Did you see that programme a couple of weeks ago about her? If half of what they said about her in that programme is true, then she's just a gold digger.
    However, the media should never be trusted as a reliable source of information (especially newspapers).

Mr_Wobble ;)
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    the media should never be trusted as a reliable source of information (especially newspapers).

Definitely! Should take what you read within newspapers with a pinch of salt.
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    If half of what they said about her in that programme is true, then she's just a gold digger.
    However, the media should never be trusted as a reliable source of information (especially newspapers).

Mr_Wobble ;)

Yes I saw it - they said she stole, they said she lied (Though I didn't see any real proof of that)...Infact they failed to prove the argument.

I guess if Paul McCartney had fallen in love with Mrs Bloggs from Cardiff it would have been a (tabloid) fairy tale..

But he didn't .. he fell in love with a woman who for some reason is hated by the press. as far as I can see shes a bright and caring member of society who has found herself in a difficult and very public situation. I guess she could have walked away but then what would the tabloids have screamed 'CALLOUS MILLS DUMPS NATIONAL HERO' ????
    i bet paul keeps heather off that healthy vegitarian food ...
    i do think it is very unfair, the thing is why are people sooooo bothered ,they are adults it's their life and so there decision. i did see some of the thing about her the other week parts of it did seem a tad suspicious but you can't tell whats true and whats not, and she does alot charity work, i'm sure if you had had an amputation and heather mills walks in im sure it would give you a moral lift, the press are more bothered about dragging up old news and exaggerating things to put her in a bad light than lookin at the good work that she does.
    what's she sposed to have done? I've totally missed what's going on, I always thought she seemed really nice?! :confused:
    I watched the beginning of the documentary because Heather Mills was brough up in my town, about a mile away from where I live in a neighbouring village.

The docu. said she was brought up in a run down council estate, yet when she lived there it was a brand new estate because the town had just been built. Furthermore, it was never and still isn't "run down" at all. They then showed shots of a run down council estate with tall high rise buildings. They insinuated that this is where she was brought up. It wasn't. The pictures were like those you would see from an inner city estate on The Bill! The area she was brought up in is nice! So, that was lie no. 1.

It went on a bit about how she lied about her dad beating her up etc but that was shite too because (I know this is a total cliche!) but the person who lived next door to her when she was growing up works in one of our local shops and when she was younger Heather used to go to her neighbour and borrow money for food and she would always have bruises etc.

Anyway, the media make out like she is lying about her upbringing and they make out her father is a poor done to man, when really he is a pathetic alcoholic etc etc.

I say leave her alone! The programme makers couldn't even be accurate about things that they could easily check (where she was brought up for example - they said Newcastle when it was actually a town in Sunderland :rolleyes: ) so I didn't trust the programme after that.