Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Commercial Buildings

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone know where i might be able to find out information on buildings big enough to be considered for commercial use? like rent or buy or whatever.
thanks

Comments

• Options
    Re: Commercial Buildings
    Originally posted by AlexTheKing
    Does anyone know where i might be able to find out information on buildings big enough to be considered for commercial use? like rent or buy or whatever.
    thanks
    the town hall ...estate agents ...trade and commerce groups ...walk round an industrial estate ...
    don't go into business if you can't even open the first door.
  • Options
    Your local Business Centre or Local council :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    Your local Business Centre or Local council :)

If i just ask will they tell me about plots for sale or rent etc?
  • Options
    If i just ask will they tell me about plots for sale or rent etc?

You local council wants YOUR business, they will try and give you good deals on renting property. If you have trading estates near you check the area out, then see the council.

Long as you know what your after then YES they will be able to offer assistance. Id be more inclined to speak to a business centre. If is a new business there are many grants available so thats where the business Centre comes in to offer advice.
  • Options
    ok, thanks for your help
  • Options
    ok, thanks for your help

Id say do a bit of research before you go. If its a new venture have a business plan. Show who you plan to market at, what capital is actually needed to get off the ground. You need to look as though you have worked everything out, go there with a good idea and business plan back up and im sure they will be able to point you in the right direction.

Id rent as apposed to buy, purely based on the fact that if it doesent work out to plan your not left with property on your hands. you will also get grants, rent rebates probably for first 6 months etc etc.
  • Options
    yeah thanks but its all still early stages yet so i'll need to look into it and plan alot more yet.
  • Options
    yeah thanks but its all still early stages yet so i'll need to look into it and plan alot more yet.

Yeah thats the best way to go, do a lot of planning. Dont rush into nothing and make sure you cover every possible scenario.