Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

It's all about you!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Do other people think you look young, old or just right for your age? Do you agree or disagree with them?

Comments

• Options
    Everybody's always thought that I look older than I am. I'm not sure as to why but it was useful for underage drinking:D
  • Options
    i've been told i look older than i am. i don't agree with them. how on earth can i look 22?i think i look 16 but....i'm me.

(i'll be 19 in two weeks)
  • Options
    People always assume im about 19 or 20. I aint really sure why. Maybe the make up i wear ages me.
  • Options
    i thought you were older than you are, lacy, and i've never seen you. you just come across as someone a bit older. which, as i've said before, is good! lol.
  • Options
    People have always thought I look a couple of years older than I am since I was about 14. Was very useful for going out clubbing at 16. :D
  • Options
    People say I look about 19 :D But I got served for being 21 in america last year!! Wahooooo :) But it depends what Im wearing, who I'm with etc etc :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Always used to look older.

Not sure if I do now.

Probably about right, actually.
  • Options
    i can normally pass for 18 (i'm 22)

its weird as up until I was 18 always looked older than I was
  • Options
    Everybody thinks I'm 21-24, but I'm 27... :-)
  • Options
    I think I probably look a couple of years younger, but not 4 (i.e. 16), as someone once said! :eek2: lol Tis good, really, because when I'm 40 or 50 I won't look my age! :D
  • Options
    I dunno, I got a young looking face.

Maybe when I'm 50 that might come in handy :rolleyes:
  • Options
    I pass for 40 easily
  • Options
    Everyone says I'm younger than I look. Varies between 3 to 7 years. So I'm a happy bunny. ;)
  • Options
    im 16 but i can pass for younger (if i wanna get cheaper train tickets or whatever) but then again i get sold drink :confused:
  • Options
    i'm as old as the hills and as young as the morning dew but look about a day older than i did yesterday.
  • Options
    Im 17 (just) but can usually pass for about 19, no problems. I have also passed for 21, once. Don't know how though. :confused:
  • Options
    older for my age but i think everyone does nowadays
  • Options
    People have always thought I looked younger than I already am (I'm 18, 19 next month) which I find quite annoying sometimes cos sometimes I cant get into clubs or get served a damn drink when Im out :mad: So had to get myself a ID card with a hidious photo of me looking like a hamster :p
  • Options
    I dont know....

Some people say younger, but generally when i meet somebody and they find out im 19 theyre shocked that im that young..

Ive been clubbing and going to bars reguarly since i was 14-- and only been asked for ID twice

But... buying fags can be a challenge in some shops if i dont have ID :p

So ive no idea if i look older or younger!... i think i look my age! :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by KinkyBoots
    So had to get myself a ID card with a hidious photo of me looking like a hamster :p

I thought it was a rat? :D

More seriously, young people complain that they look younger than they are, but when they are, say, 50, they'll appreciate it. Don't you think?
  • Options
    Re: It's all about you!
    Originally posted by Mobily's Ghost
    Do other people think you look young, old or just right for your age? Do you agree or disagree with them?
    tell me what age you think I look:confused:
    i usually told I look about the age I am maybe a lil younger
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mobily's Ghost
    I thought it was a rat? :D

More seriously, young people complain that they look younger than they are, but when they are, say, 50, they'll appreciate it. Don't you think?

Sssshhhhhhh :p:lol:

Yeah, tis good that when you get to an older age that you wont look as old. Unless you do things to yourself that make you look older than you already are or start aging process earlier. *Is babbling* :p
  • Options
    people think I look between 16 and 19ish......I'm nearly 23 :yeees:
  • Options
    People say I look young for my age, but I can pass for younger or older. I disagree though, i reckon i look about 16.
  • Options
    Im almost 18...some people think i look younger than i am and others older. So im confused. Guess depends how i present myself on each occassion.
  • Options
    I don't know, what age I look like. But I've been able to get into an over 21 club, without getting ID'd when i was 16.

Someone who's seen my pictures, would you mind actually telling me how old I look? I am curious now :)
  • Options
    Ive always looked younger, even when I was 18 I couldnt get served at the bar. I used to make others go because it was embarrasing getting asked my age all the time.

I think I still look young.........ish :D
  • Options
    erm. Im 17 but look about 14ish. I always get cheap trian and bus tickets and people always think I'm younger than I am. Frankly, I'm sick of it!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Pepsi_104
    Frankly, I'm sick of it!

When you get to my age you will be thankful, honestly. Its great when people think you are much younger, it gives you a confidence boost :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    When you get to my age you will be thankful, honestly. Its great when people think you are much younger, it gives you a confidence boost :)
    aye but when i get older people will probably think im older! belief me, it will happen.