Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

E-mails, + free added virus :(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Today I got to e-mails in my hotmail account
One from kerstyn zeslawski and the other from pink princess, 14K and 13K bothe called Fwd:Laove Potion
Are these the virus ones?
I heard that some virus mail was going around called Love Potion at about 14k, but that was some time ago.
I do not recognise the name, and don't know how the name is written, not the adress as they are not in my address book.
I am going to delete them, but does anyone know if these are the virus ones.
Everyone else be on the lookout just in case

Comments

• Options
    Age old rule mate. If you got an e-mail from someone you don't know chances are it's either spam or a virus. Although there are virusues out there that "spoof" addresses so they look like they come from someone you know and/or trust. Latest one (out yesterday) spoofs the address from support@microsft.com

Check out http://www.ca.com/virusinfo/encyclopedia/ for details on viruses.
  • Options
    Dunno mate.

It's normally fine to open them, but DON'T open any attachments. I've been receiving a lot of bizarre emails at work recently, but luckily Outlook has barred the attachment. Some say really nice things like "Today is a good day to die":confused:

The joys of spam! :eek2:
  • Options
    The best thing to do is to avoid anything from people you don't know. Don't open it just incase and delete it.

I only allow mail in my inbox that is from someone in my address book. All the rest goes to junk mail box and I check it and delete most of it!
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    I only allow mail in my inbox that is from someone in my address book. All the rest goes to junk mail box and I check it and delete most of it!

Same here. Just delete it, its more than likely a load of crap!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by NinjaMaster
    Latest one (out yesterday) spoofs the address from support@microsoft.com

hehe, i recieved 2 off them, which i diddnt open, and my mate also got them and opened them, so hes in the shit lol
  • Options
    i get so many of those on my hotmail its so fucking annoying!!!:mad:
  • Options
    If it's a hotmail account, as long as you use the hotmail website, it'll scan them for you.
  • Options
    Originally posted by NinjaMaster
    Age old rule mate. If you got an e-mail from someone you don't know chances are it's either spam or a virus. Although there are virusues out there that "spoof" addresses so they look like they come from someone you know and/or trust. Latest one (out yesterday) spoofs the address from support@microsft.com

Check out http://www.ca.com/virusinfo/encyclopedia/ for details on viruses.

does it say microsft not microsoft?

If so I'll check the address extra carefully.