Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Why do the BNP & NF marches get banned when......

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I’d say there were at least 5000 police in total and I thought they were professional.

I wasnt there so I havent a clue but 5000 officers sounds very extreme but ill take your word for it. I still dont conceed that the police were any more intimidating than 60,000 screaming thugs.
    You accuse me of leading a sheltered life then say you don’t think the police are racist?

Nope, I just dont think EVERY policeman is racist. This institutional racism stuff is rubbish. Its the same as any other generalisation, bullshit.
    You would feel intimidated if someone of the same ethnicity as those...

I got beaten up in school by a group black kids once, should I be intimidated by every black kid I meet? Or every black policeman I meet?

I’ve had some very different experiences at the hands of the police

I take it by that comment that you are black or asian then?

Ill repeat once again. If the protesters just wanted a peaceful protest then they are perfectly ok with me. If they want to physically attack property or person then they are breaking the law and should be dealt with.

As you were there, can you tell me when this incident occured? The article doesnt say when the protest was.