Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

B4 u started drugs...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Maybe this has been done b4, maybe it hasnt but i cant be bothered to do a search :D

Before you started drugs---what were your opinions on drug use?
Had you been interested in trying drugs for a while, or never thought about it before? Were u against it for a long time, or pro drugs? ... etc ...

I never thought id take drugs, then for some reason (probably wanting to look 'cool' as everyone thought it was when ur 13/14) i started on the spliff. Thought thats it, no other drugs theyre too dangerous. Then came the speed, thought thats it no more drugs too dangerous. And it kinda spiralled into the rest of the drugs i :heart:.

So now im thinking no other drugs theyre too dangerous, but who knows whats gunna happen..... :rolleyes:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    When I was preaty young I was definately of the opinion that I wouldnt do anything.
    The when I was 14 I tried dope, mainly because I wanted to, not because of pressure, although there was a little. Then when I was a late teenager I wanted to try charlie and was dead set against pills because I was concered about what was in them, (I still am).

I then knew a couple of people who did them and thought, well if a million of them are taken a weekend they have to be good, I'll try it.

I then tried stuff when it came around really, cid, mushies, AMT etc.
    when i was about 13 or 14 i never ever thought i would take drugs because my uncle died on heroin...saying that i would never take that drugs for that reason but i am happy that i try drugs. I also started on the spliff and went to speed. My attitude changed...if these don't do anythiny to me the others can't be that bad and so on and so on. i probably wouldn't be the person i am know if it wasn't for that and i wouldn't change anything about me.
    sorry if sounds like i am being sorry for myself!
    peace the-macca
    i started on tobacco ...it is definately a gateway drug.
    I had never really thought about it that much but then it all just started happening, started smoking cannabis after drink but havent took anything else and dont plan to either.
    I always thought drugs as the ultimate taboo. I guess I got it from my dad and all the propaganda and just fell for it. Even when I found out my best mates brother smoekd cannabis I had the stereotypical view and just thought of him as an ultimate druggy. I can't even understand why I thought of Cannabis as being so awful. It was made out to be so bad and I guess I had no reason to doubt what I had heard from publicity and stuff.

Anyway, my mate tried it with her brother, and I was really shocked, as its not everyday your mate takes a...drug! *shock horror!*:rolleyes: A while after this I was really curious about it, and kept asking my mate what it was like, expecting the effects to be a lot more intense then they actually are, like losing control and stuff...(yes..naive) :rolleyes:

I eventually had a few tokes on a spliff at a park, expecting it to give me these really intense feleings, colours changing and stuff :rolleyes:..but i just went dizzy and was sick. After a few more times I got used to it and actually enjoyed the effects, felt relaxed, just felt nice.

I then realised that everything I had heard, all the warnings about how bad the effects are, were no way as bad as they are in reality, and therefore basically lost a lot of faith in all other governmetn warnigns about drugs. I don't know why they appealed to me but I eventually tried pills, deciding that i'd come to the conclusion about them myself. Thats as far as ive gone..so far. :)
    thinking about it , it was probably bonjella which led onto calpol.
    At school, I had a pretty strict drugs education which generally used loads of scare tactics. They would talk about people who took acid and ended up killing each other cos they thought they were snakes/giant spiders/monsters etc. or people who thought bugs were crawling around in their heads. Heroin addicts always ended up in gutters with lots of diseases, Pills had 50/50 chance of causing horrible death, Cannabis would cause instant addiction, crime and insanity.

All very laughable now, but at the time I was innocent and belived most of this crap to be true. Then pretty much went exactly same order of curosity and use as bongbudda seems to have gone, except never been much into the amphetamine side of things.
    good point white rabbit - Drugs education down here was strict when we had it. I grew up with just say no and those scary posters of what heroin does to your skin/life. and I guess that rubbed off for a while
    Mr R you win with calpol - society is weird, :confused: they make drug users out to look like the evil scum of the earth, yet they continue to perpetuate the desire for a pill/medicine/drugs, everything that goes wrong with you, take this drug, take that drug, everything you do in this country is buzz orientated. the whole culture of Britain is based around some sort of substance going into your body whether it’s medication or caffeine, or nicotine or alcohol.

aragh meeting time, got to go, I will come back and finish this:)
    Those scare stories about cid always make me laugh now, they are so over the top, you have to do a stupidly large dose before you will have visions like that.
    A friend of mine took what he thought was about 20 drips of cid by accident at one point and he survived, in fact he enjoyed it, he is a bit wierd though.
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    i started on tobacco ...it is definately a gateway drug.

i dont know... i started on spliff, then speed then alcohol before i reguarly smoked tobacco.. i had had a few fags but nothing in comparisson to the others..
    Originally posted by hobbs
    good point white rabbit - Drugs education down here was strict when we had it. I grew up with just say no and those scary posters of what heroin does to your skin/life. and I guess that rubbed off for a while

i completly agree... my first experience of drugs education was in year 6 at the age of 10 or 11 a local copper who goes to all the schools came over with a briefcase full of 'drugs' and we were taught which was which, and shown a photo of a man leaning against a wall with an exploded ear (which i dont agree is a good thing to show 10 year olds) and told stories of a man who was on acid and thought he was an orange so began to peel himself with a knife etc... pretty scary stuff. shock tactics.

I think kids should be told the some of the scary stuff, but the truth is whats really important. i know a bloke with a ten year old boy, who knows so much about drugs.. he knows much more than me and im 9 years older, and have tried drugs (where as he hasnt). His parents are honest, he knows his parents do drugs but he has no desire to do them himself, at the moment. If i had a kid i would tell them the truth about drugs from the outset.

Drugs education is in a bit of a sorry state. My opinion is that if u tell all the horror stories and exaggerate stuff, and a kid DOES try a drug say cannabis and realises that the stores associated with that arent true, then he is more like to try the other drugs, thinking that they are equally harmless...

im rambling now...
    Its about trust, if drugs education is proved to be lies in one case then why would they trust you on anything else.

I think there is enough down sides to even something like puff for you not to have to make up scare stories.
    I know I fucked up my exams with the help of weed.
    the exams i went in to lean i passed and did quite well, the ones that i handnt smoked b4 i failed.. but i think that was due to feeling more calm after a puff...

i was rediculosuly stoned b4 some exams at college at came out with 40% (stil a pass) but a terrible mark so i guess it depends how much youve smoked...
    When i was 15 i thought i would never smoke and never touch drugs. When i turned 16 i did have the occasional cig but still would never take drugs. When i was 17 was at a party and a feller offered me poppers so had some of them. After that everything just spiralled. Pills followed, then speed and coke. God knows where it will go
    Its probally best to draw the line somewhere, but then I've done that a few times.
    Always said to myself that I'd stick to just weed and alcohol, then a mate talked about e and sort of persuaded me to do it, although it was my choice. I was scared stiff of dying to be honest, and even though I have done it a fair few times, I am still nervous before I do it. Maybe just me but I can't understand how people do it every week, 5-9 a weekend, but never have been the type of person to stop other people doing what ever they want. Their life, not mine
    Just think that e is not the beall and endall of life, just think it is a phase most people go through. Maybe when we look back at our young 20s when we are 50, (if we last that long!!) we may regret doing it. But hey, fook it, you only young once so go out and enjoy it whilst you can! IMHO
    More than anything my body wont let me do it every week, I've done 5 or 6 weeks in a row before and you end up feeling washed out and really ill.
    That and the cost of it, I'm too bloody poor.
    i always thought i wud never do drugs, i knew they were bad 4 me, but now i wud take every one out there well part from smack, i still swear im not gonna touch that.

i was 14 when i had started tabs, i first tried one when i was 6 or 7 wit a few of my mates. then bout 6/7 months after i started smokin i had a bucket (cannabis) well a few and i was killed, didnt even whitey for my fog time. then it esculated into me and my best stoner pal takin it for school, in the mornins and afternoons, then i wud knock off to get stoned. i then started takin gas which was gr8 cuz ive had a few good hallucinations that i will always remember cuz they were very real, even took it into school and sniffed it round a corner so no1 cud see me obviously.

then i had an e for the first time in school, it was gr8! whole one as well. that was when i juss turned 15. then my pal had some poppers in school bout 7/8 months l8er so me and him had some in the bogs and we were on the giggles, it was gr8. then i bought some poppers brung em into school and got rushed off my face for 2 days in school, i was green one minute white the other, we all had some poppers in maths, bout 6/7 of we're all buzzin. save along story short 'toot' came along had that thought it was shit, tried whizz and luved it, only had it twice but took it for school both times, then more 'cowies' came along then i tried some stuff called 'psileobin' summit like that, had a very bad trip on them, very paranoid and aggressive all nite! but now i juss stick to my resin and alcohol.
    Theres a lesson for us all in there.
    ive been brought up wiv drugs-it put me dead against them after seeing my what they did to my mum, and, like most ppl i swore id never smoke a fag. my first drug experience was on a bed with some junky friends o mine with a bag-bong when i was 13. smoked hash on-and-off for a while, then started occasionally smoking fags. theeen got more into hash (bonging, skunk, super-skunk, smoking more often etc.). im thinking of making LSD soon and ive been offered coke, speed and pills but it doesnt really appeal. oo and i rarely drink, ack.:yuck:
    It seems that most people always end up going back to Cannabis,what a interesting trend that is taking place.
    Vorni; I presume you dont actualy mean your going to make some acid, if you are planning to, well good luck (your going to need it) and dont kill yourself.
    i am, as it goes, with a friend...itll take a while to arrange, import the ingredients, etc but we're gonna give it a go... just dont ask!! ;)
    Well good luck, I'd suggest you need to be a exceedingly highly trained chemist to get anywhere near producing acid.
    Originally posted by stevey713

then i had an e for the first time in school, it was gr8! whole one as well. that was when i juss turned 15. then my pal had some poppers in school bout 7/8 months l8er so me and him had some in the bogs and we were on the giggles, it was gr8. then i bought some poppers brung em into school and got rushed off my face for 2 days in school, i was green one minute white the other, we all had some poppers in maths, bout 6/7 of we're all buzzin. save along story short 'toot' came along had that thought it was shit, tried whizz and luved it, only had it twice but took it for school both times, then more 'cowies' came along then i tried some stuff called 'psileobin' summit like that, had a very bad trip on them, very paranoid and aggressive all nite! but now i juss stick to my resin and alcohol.

Why the fuck do you do drugs in school?, you're there to learn not take drugs, and I can't see how getting pilled-up in a classroom can be remotely enjoyable , why not save your pills and do something fun while your on them anythings gotta be better than at school.

what an idiot! :rolleyes:
    Yea,why would u take pills in school?I admit i have smoked a few spliffs before going 2 class once but wasn't that stoned,so it didnt affect me that much,but pills and other drugs,what type of school did u go to?
    Originally posted by sarahisgreat
    Why the fuck do you do drugs in school?, you're there to learn not take drugs, and I can't see how getting pilled-up in a classroom can be remotely enjoyable , why not save your pills and do something fun while your on them anythings gotta be better than at school.

what an idiot! :rolleyes:

you'll like this jake (give u something else to hate him about-- :p hehe) phil and his mates used to do pills at school, in assembly they used to see how many pills they could munch with a dry mouth..

:rolleyes: stupid :rolleyes:

its not big... and its not clever!
    More than anything it seems like a waste to me, that and if you get caught using in school its likely you'll get thrown out.
    Yes very true,if you were caught thats ur whole education away to fuck,why not just save it for outside of school and the weekend and have a good time on ur prefered drug and not paraniod in school.
    its fun when theres a few people wrecked off their faces, and in my school there was always somebody under the influence everyday! it was a bad school many years ago but when i joined they made alot of changes and is gr8 now. i know it was dumb and not clever but for the laffs it was worth it! wasnt worth fuckin my school life up tho!
    I was way scared but thats cos I didnt know much about em...I started when I was 13, so most of my adultish life I have taken em.