Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

music

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
does loud music chear u up?

felt a bit pooey when i woke up so turned on my comp and am now playin music full blast and signing along at the top of my voice and feel so much better :D
or is it only me this happens 2? xx

Comments

• Options
    Re: music
    Originally posted by blonde__batman
    does loud music chear u up?

Yes. Either by singing at the top of my voice (sorry for the neigbours) or playing something so damn miserable I feel better by comparison.
  • Options
    Yep.

I was bored so i put on Chaka Demus & Pliers- Murder She Wrote (off Save The Last Dance soundtrack) full blast and im happier and all bouncy. Good tune!
  • Options
    ive got evanecese (or how ever u spell it) and r kelly ignition remix on repeat at the mo, its annoying my brother...but who cares lol
  • Options
    I like to play my music louder when I'm upset or something and to sing along to my REM. :D
  • Options
    Flake_MustaineFlake_Mustaine Posts: 1,261 Wise Owl
    If I'm cheering myself up by playing loud music, then it's gotta be pretty heavy, high-octane stuff.. Doesn't always work, but it let's aggression flow :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Flake_Mustaine
    If I'm cheering myself up by playing loud music, then it's gotta be pretty heavy, high-octane stuff.. Doesn't always work, but it let's aggression flow :)

Damn right!
  • Options
    Loud music doesn't cheer me up. Music in general does but it doesn't have to be loud.
  • Options
    Yep, if Im feeling really down or something, I put my 'feel-good' music on :D

Or if Im hyper I'll put it on really loud and go nuts! :p
  • Options
    Nothing beats a good sing along when you're feeling down :D

I've got the sugababes on right now. Round round baby round round..
  • Options
    if i'm feeling a bit down i put on Rage Against the Machine - Killing in the Name Of... and I do a special dance and that makes me happy :D
  • Options
    Playing REM's 'What's the frequency, Kenneth?', 'Daysleeper', 'Bittersweet Me' or 'Man on the Moon', or a few others, loudly works quite well! ;)
  • Options
    Yep, music can make me feel better. They type of music, and volume, depends upon my mood at the time. I rarely have it blasting out though, and if I want to listen to loud music I put headphones on - then I can listen to it as loud as I like for as long as I like.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    screw the neighbours! i just found a new passion with evanescence's new album and is bloody great!! kinda different to what i normally listen to now but hell its so damn good!!! GO BUY IT NOW!!!! :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Samael
    screw the neighbours! i just found a new passion with evanescence's new album and is bloody great!! kinda different to what i normally listen to now but hell its so damn good!!! GO BUY IT NOW!!!! :D

its brilliant isnt it?! i love track 6 my mates got it :(
  • Options
    music i can sing along to makes me happy :p

granted it makes the people around me very suicideal/homicideal, it still makes me happy :D

and yes, i do play it loud
  • Options
    Originally posted by my_name
    and yes, i do play it loud

you know it makes sense :D