Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

E-mail virus?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, i've just recieved an e-mail from 'support@microsoft.com' it says 'All information is in the attached file.' The file is '_approved.pif (68k)'

The subject is 'e: My Application' thing is i've never sent an e-mail to microsoft so i'm a bit wary of opening this attatchment.
Anyone know if this is some kind of virus or am i just being paranoid? :confused:

I'm wary cos i've had viruses on my comp from hotmail before and it was a bugger to get rid of.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Comments

• Options
    yes, its the Palyh (AKA Mankx) virus, delete it asap.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/56/30751.html

Dude! you should know that microsoft would never sent an attachment, if an e-mail is anything but plain text, never read it! insist that your buddies send you any work, letters etc as plain text, I swear that would solve most virus related probs </rant>

Have fun
  • Options
    I thought it looked a bit fishy!
    I'm not as thick as i may first appear. :D

Anyway, watch out you lot, there's a virus on the loose!

BTW, thanks The Pendari Champion for that link. :)