Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

noooooooooo

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
theyve got them

:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

Comments

• Options
    why them?

good charlotte yes

feeder ok

linkin park take em away

but why them

why the deftones why why why
  • Options
    Errr :confused: What have i missed??whats being going on whilst ive been at work....??
  • Options
    deftones are in at 20something on the pepsi charts
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    littlemissy dont get it. me confused :confused:
  • Options
    i spose really everyones abit confused
    im strange you see

im like a huge deftones fan and im just abit pissed off to know their in the whole townie world now.
  • Options
    But surely if you're such a big fan then you'd be plesed to know so many people had bought the song to make them enter the charts....??thereby making the deftones more popular...
    :confused:
  • Options
    but it also means thousands 'people who seem to think they lurve rock music are going to be wondering around in deftones hoodies with deftones patches being like the biggest deftones fan ever and yet theyve only heard minerva.

the words 'linkin and 'park'

come to mind.
  • Options
    How did you first hear about them?
  • Options
    (all content in this post is merely me being vaguely funny and slightly pissed off with the world)

and for the record my munkys ass is copywrited.

it will be making a comeback in the future therefor no one can steal it:D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mobily's Ghost
    How did you first hear about them?

oh god thats going back a while,probably a magazine or something.I can tell from you this is all going to intelectual business that to you and the rest of the site has revelant point in turning my own little thread against me.but go ahead slander me you dont like me anyways.
  • Options
    So you didn't listen one of their tracks on the radio?
  • Options
    So you didn't listen one of their tracks on the radio?

no.
  • Options
    Why!? God WHY!!!???
    The Deftones - one of the only decent bands around. WHY!!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by RiSe & ShInE
    Why!? God WHY!!!???
    The Deftones - one of the only decent bands around. WHY!!!

thankyou!

see im not crazy
  • Options
    So you didn't first listen to a track of theirs on the radio? Let's say, then, you read about them in a magazine. Did you think 'wow, they're great!' quite quickly?
  • Options
    yes
  • Options
    So you didn't first listen to a track of theirs on the radio? Let's say, then, you read about them in a magazine. Did you think 'wow, they're great!' quite quickly?

:yes:

You only need to hear ONE song to realise how special a band they are.
  • Options
    Were you enthuastic about them and did you go out to buy their albums and things quickly thereafter?
  • Options
    Were you enthuastic about them and did you go out to buy their albums and things quickly thereafter?

albums yes
  • Options
    To recap then:

You first heard about them in a magazine. You quickly liked them, so went out to buy their album. This is probably a regular occurrence with any band.

What, then, was the difference between you then and the "thousands 'people who seem to think they lurve rock music are going to be wondering around in deftones hoodies with deftones patches being like the biggest deftones fan ever and yet theyve only heard minerva." ?

Surely they started off virtually the same as you did - that being enthuastic for the bland that they like?
  • Options
    yup, its all a downward spiral from here, they'll start releasing singles with lines like 'your so fit and u know it' then you'll start to hate them, and go for a more underground group, its the circle of rock
  • Options
    To recap then:

You first heard about them in a magazine. You quickly liked them, so went out to buy their album. This is probably a regular occurrence with any band.

What, then, was the difference between you then and the "thousands 'people who seem to think they lurve rock music are going to be wondering around in deftones hoodies with deftones patches being like the biggest deftones fan ever and yet theyve only heard minerva." ?

Surely they started off virtually the same as you did - that being enthuastic for the bland that they like?

Yeh but James, there are people who are like me and Rockerchick. We like the Deftones for the music, those people have just heard one song and will make absolutely no effort to hear any others. They will not buy the albums, they will just dress in hoodies and chains pretending to like a band when really they have only heard one song from said band.
  • Options
    my point was that most of the people going around calling themselves rockers nowadays dont bother to listen to the music.

i got the albums first and listened to them before walking around dripping in deftones merchandise.theres at least 4 people that i know of in my class who posess either a linkin park or slipknot hoodie but have never heard any music more than what has been in the charts.

this is my view,this is what i know i know theres people nowadays who dress likea rocker n call themselves rocker just because its fashionable and as i already said i dont want the deftones to become the new linkin park

theres other people who agree with me so why do u persist to try and make me out to be such an awful person.

whatever differences we've had we've had they were nothing to do with this site so dont bring them to this site.you leave me to my business and ill leave you to yours thanks.
  • Options
    They are enthuastic for the band just like you and Rockerchick are. In fact, Rockerchick said she first read about the band and quickly liked it, even before hearing any of their tracks. This is essentially the same as people first hearing one of their songs and liking it, no? ;)
  • Options
    They are enthuastic for the band just like you and Rockerchick are. In fact, Rockerchick said she first read about the band and quickly liked it, even before hearing any of their tracks. This is essentially the same as people first hearing one of their songs and liking it, no? ;)

She bought the album, not the merchandise.
  • Options

but as i said.im not saying people shouldnt hear one song and like it

my point is if people wish to go around dressed in the gear they should have some either knowledge of the band or liking of more than one song.

people are portraying themselves as fans of the band and the whole heap of music they produce and yet are only actually fans of one song and i dont agree with it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rockerchick
    but as i said.im not saying people shouldnt hear one song and like it

my point is if people wish to go around dressed in the gear they should have some either knowledge of the band or liking of more than one song.

people are portraying themselves as fans of the band and the whole heap of music they produce and yet are only actually fans of one song and i dont agree with it.

How do you know this? Who has said that they have only heard one song? For all you know, they could be the band's biggest fans. I don't think it's fair to overgeneralise.
  • Options
    im going on the 4 people that i know are like this.i know if theres them theres more.

and when i started this thread i was making the point that i didnt want the deftones to fall such victim to people like the 4 im absolutly sure of.
  • Options
    and im not saying i know everyone wearing a linkin park hoodie isnt a linkin park fan and personally i have more to do with my life than go round and ask them im just simply stating that i know this happens and im not happy with it
  • Options
    Originally posted by rockerchick
    im going on the 4 people that i know are like this.i know if theres them theres more.

and when i started this thread i was making the point that i didnt want the deftones to fall such victim to people like the 4 im absolutly sure of.

But why shouldn't fans dress like their idols? It's certainly not something I'd do, but I fail to see the problem with it - they can do as they please. In fact, the band could create its own brand and retail clothing... :lol: It's so easy to wind you up. :p