Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Hosting

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right. I'm looking for a new free host for my webby that I can upload from the same connection. I use Freeola at the mo but I'm uiploading big files on their dialup number so it's costing me. Know of any where that has banner free (if poss) hosting?

Comments

• Options
    I think I might have misunderstood, but...
    The host site that you use won't make any difference to the files that you need to upload, so you'll still need to upload them over your dialup connection.
  • Options
    To upload to Freeola I have to use their dialup. I want to use another host that will let me use AOL so it don't cost me.
  • Options
    Ahh. OK. I've never heard of that. But BIG ahhh's at the AOL bit. Do you use the AOL *spits* browser? Cos I'm not sure how well that works with ftp sites. And what do you want from the host? Web space, email forwarding, domain name?