Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Premiership Transfer news!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Who will sign for your favourite club during the summer?

I am a Manchester Utd fan and Utd have been linked with so many top players already that its getting out of hand, off the top of my head here are a few players that they have been linked with: Harry Kewell, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Claude Makelele, Philippe Mexes, Damien Duff, Paul Robinson, Rino Gattuso. The lisr goes on................

Personally i think that Utd are likely to sign only one of the afforementioned and i think that it will be either Kewell or Ronaldinho. But then again there are things being said about Patrick Kluivert having a £6m buy-out clause in his Barca contract, if Barca were to decrease his salary at the club!!!!!

Make your own minds up about who's going where and which big name star you think that United will sign this summer????????
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    They need another attacker, I think Ronaldhino but he could be a Premiership flop if he doesn't adjust to the different style.

Definately a striker though, unless either Giggs or Beckham or both leave in which case new midfielders will be needed, can't see Real selling Makele, Duff is more likely.........
  • Options
    The one thing I've learned over 20+ years of listening to transfer talk is not to believe it...

They never predicted Cantona, nor did they know about Andy Cole's move from Newcastle...
  • Options
    We'll I'm hoping my team shed some players for not cutting it. I hope we get rid of Traore, Diouf, Biscan, Carragher & Smicer. Not forgetting Traore of course - he's gotta be first out the door! :mad:

I hope we sign Duff, and a right winger, get Babbel back in the squad and have Baros and Owen up front in a more permanent partnership. We could also do with some cover for our centre backs. Joleon Lescott?
  • Options
    Babbel's gone mate, he and houllier had a big bust up.........
  • Options
    I know........I still think he's a better right back than Carragher will ever be.
  • Options
    I see that much-loved player and community relations icon Lee Bowyer is going to Newcastle.

There was talk of Beattie joining Liverpool... but I doubt that'll happen.
  • Options
    I saw that too - Beattie to Liverpool. Can't see it happening myself especially as we've already got a striker coming to join us preseason. Some French young whipper snapper we signed a couple of seasons ago.
  • Options
    Apparentky Newcastle are going to pay him 52k a week and he has been out of form all season, seems odd.......
  • Options
    Maybe they expect him to play better now that he'll be re-united with his best mate Woodgate.

Asians in the Newcastle area are advised not to go out alone at night... :rolleyes: ;)
  • Options
    Its been said £40000 a week for Bowyer I think. You've got to take into account though that there is no transfer fee so there saving a good few million from that.
    I'm a Leeds man, I think this season we are looking around in the Conference for something we can afford. If all else fails theres a wicked rumour they are going to do a kick up competition in Leeds centre and the winner automaticly gets a place in the starting 11 in whatever position he wants to play.:)
  • Options
    That's what we did at AFC Wimbledon and we can't complain of the results! :D
  • Options
    Hmm not sure about this little piece of transfer speculation:

Giorgi Kinkladze to Liverpool?