Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

But you said no..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ha, I so hope I got that song stuck in all your little heads :hyper:

Anyway, this happened a week or two back...

Random guy (in a dirty shellsuit and an England shirt on, must be a Rangers fan) hanging outside train station comes up to me as I walk past.

Him:- Have you got any money mate, I need tae get tae Edinburgh.
Me:- No sorry mate, I'm kinda skint
Him:- I really need tae get tae Edinburgh mate
Me (hand in pocket, pulls out a fiver):- Ok, here ya go.

I always do things like that, it's really silly, but I'm so soft and always give in.

Does anyone else find it really hard to say no to things ??

Comments

• Options
    Hey Brian I really, really, really REALLY need that new dress ive just seen in New Look, couldnt spare me £35 could yer ;)

Thats happpened before to me, people asked for fags or money, but im always skint myself arent I........Well its a good excuse aint it :p
  • Options
    mmmmmmmm wine gums. They're all mine! MINE! Muwaahhahahhahahaha
  • Options
    What song? :/

As for the thread - it depends on what kinda situation it is. If it's like the one you said, then I don't give in unless I think it's genuine.
  • Options
    Fuck no!

I'd never give money to someone who just came up and asked for it!

Only time i have problems saying no is when it comes to sex :D
  • Options
    i hate it wen things like that happen but yeh i'm always skint too...

btw r bri-namite and atomic-bri the same person...?
  • Options
    Originally posted by amirab

btw r bri-namite and atomic-bri the same person...?

Either that, or the top-left corners of their heads are extremely similar :p
  • Options
    I'm not generous to random peoples with money.

I've not got enough of it as it is.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kiezo
    Either that, or the top-left corners of their heads are extremely similar :p

was a bit of a dense question now that i've seen the av...sorry to be so dumb kieran!!!
  • Options
    Yah soft shite :p

I remember a wino stopped me in the street and asked me for a pound "to get himself a cup of tea".

Me "Fuck me that's some cup of tea. You sure your not gonna spend it on beer"
    Wino "Got me. I'm want alcohol. Can I get a quid for some beer"
    Me "Sure. there you go"

Honesty is the best action.

Wish my Dad would stop stopping me in the street though like that :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kiezo
    If it's like the one you said, then I don't give in unless I think it's genuine.

He smelt quite bad, so he was a genuine Hun :p

Seriously though, I'd really better stop. I even bought this crazy CD and badge off this guy a while back, some Jesus loves you shit.

Sucks.
  • Options
    yeah :( even tho i have no money as it is, as long as i have got enough to pay parking/get home then i will give a couple of £.

but if they say its for a cuppa i say 'oh come on then, i'll pop into mcdonalds/this cafe here etc and buy you one' - they usually tell me no. if one ever does actually let me buy them one, so is honestly thirsty and not just wanting my money for booze or drugs, i would buy them a meal if i had enough money on me.
  • Options
    yes, you *did* get it stuck in my head....thank you! :p

and i'm an evil bitch therefore i don't give money to anyone. ever. :no: even if we're related. lol.
  • Options
    i would never give money to a person who wasnt a registered charity..... plus if i want money i dont walk up to people and ask, i just live with it..
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    He smelt quite bad, so he was a genuine Hun :p

Seriously though, I'd really better stop. I even bought this crazy CD and badge off this guy a while back, some Jesus loves you shit.

Sucks.

Bless you Brian, you sound like such a sweetheart :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Miss Elmo
    Bless you Brian, you sound like such a sweetheart :)

No m'dear, I am such a sweetheart.

Still got the Busted tune in my head :lol:
  • Options

Wooooooo, check the swelling head on you ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by LacyMay
    Only time i have problems saying no is when it comes to sex :D

:D

:hyper:
  • Options
    I never give money to people in the street - it sounds mean and cynical, but you don't know if they are genuine; some people dress up as tramps just to earn some extra money, when really at the end of the day the take themselves off home.
    Brian, you sound far too nice! I'm just mercenary. (It's my mother's fault, she influenced me!)
  • Options
    I buy the big issue but thats as far as it goes. The last time i went into town i had a right to do with a tramp. She came up and asked me for money, i told her sorry haven't got any. She then said well go to the cashpoint. I kindly pointed out you can't get change out of cashpoints. Cheeky bitch says "tenner will do" :rolleyes:

When i told her politely that she wasn;t getting a tenner out of me she proceeded to call me all the names under the sun while following me through town.

There was an newspaper article on her not long ago and she was reported to be a well known drug addict who has a history of getting gobby.
  • Options
    If I had money, I'd use it on myself, not other people :p It's usually me doing the money grabbing :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Carolina
    I buy the big issue but thats as far as it goes. The last time i went into town i had a right to do with a tramp. She came up and asked me for money, i told her sorry haven't got any. She then said well go to the cashpoint. I kindly pointed out you can't get change out of cashpoints. Cheeky bitch says "tenner will do" :rolleyes:

When i told her politely that she wasn;t getting a tenner out of me she proceeded to call me all the names under the sun while following me through town.

There was an newspaper article on her not long ago and she was reported to be a well known drug addict who has a history of getting gobby.

I feed tramps :D You can get 8 tracker bars in £-land for ....a pound! Theres a really sweet tramp in Slough near the bus station and when I was there I gave her some food and she was so grateful for it... it makes you feel good knowing you helped out a poor person :)
  • Options

oh that song!!!