Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Seven Nation Army

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Is it just me or does the new White Stripe tune have the most infectious bass-line ever.

Dum-dum-dum-da-da-duuuuum ;)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Nice impression... lets all dum along together... after 3...

1, 2, 3... Dum-dum-dum-da-da-duuuuum

Great bass line!
  • Options
    It is a very catchy song, wit a great bass line :D
  • Options
    Once it's in you're head it's so hard to get out!

*Dum-dum-dum-da-da-duuuuum*

Thats it i'll be singing that for hours now! great tune though
  • Options
    Not as good as 'I Just Don't Know what to do with Myself!'
  • Options
    Re: Seven Nation Army
    Originally posted by NinjaMaster
    Dum-dum-dum-da-da-duuuuum ;)

actually it's dum-dum-dum-da-da-duuuuum-duuuuuum :)
  • Options
    I love that song! its heavy! :D
  • Options
    I don't find it as catchy as most people do, but I do think it's a great song. I think The White Stripes have done quite a few better songs though, both in the past and in Elephant. I'm of scared by the way they've suddenly gone so mainstream (well have been appearing on pop type shows) through this one song.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shukes
    I don't find it as catchy as most people do, but I do think it's a great song. I think The White Stripes have done quite a few better songs though, both in the past and in Elephant. I'm of scared by the way they've suddenly gone so mainstream (well have been appearing on pop type shows) through this one song.

amazing isn't it. They were unseen in the charts while white blood cells was out and now they suddenly rocket in at number 7 :eek2:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shukes

Bit of an elitist attitude, that. Anyway, Hotel Yorba, Fell in Love With A Girl and Dead Leaves And The Dirty Ground were all pretty big singles. I don't pretend to have heard of them before the NME hyped them up (which, incidentally, is pretty much what Seven Nation Army is about), but it's always good if a quality band does well.

[rant]

Unless they go down the Stereophonics/Virgin Radio route that is. Fucking evil - their rirst album ruled but now Kelly Jones thinks he's Rod Stewart.

[/rant]
  • Options
    v.good song.
    A string- 7 7 10 7 5 3 2...bass tabs for it
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zero II
    I don't pretend to have heard of them before the NME hyped them up (which, incidentally, is pretty much what Seven Nation Army is about), but it's always good if a quality band does well.

I really do hate the way the NME hype up every two bit band to come out of new york/detroit/australia/new zealand!

Possibly the worst example being the Vines who's album I probably wouldn't have bought even though a liked one single but did anyway on the strength of The NME's giddy excitement.... WHAT UTTER WANK THAT RECORD WAS!!!!

Now you may criticise me for being easily led by hype but I still expect to be able to put a little trust in so called experts of the kind of music I like!

sorry rant over..... White Stripes are the exception to the NME - hype rule
  • Options
    /joins the beat/