Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

fireworks in Moscow...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
... are so cool! On Victory Day there was a big fireworks display and me and my friend climbed a small mountain to get the best view (I tried to explain to him that all the viewing would be in the sky so it didn't matter where we stood but he wouldn't listen).

Anyway, before every firework, they let off a huge cannon. Then the firework would go off and the whole crowd would start cheering, like as if some Russian footballer had just scored a goal.

On the road below, the cars were gridlocked as people had just parked in the middle of the duel carriageway to watch the fireworks. And everytime one went off, so did about 50 Lada car alarms (which are the most ridiculous things I've ever heard - they sound like a toy machine gun).

And here we are in the UK with our own day, especially devoted to fireworks, and we can't do it as well as the Russians!

Comments

• Options
    Re: fireworks in Moscow...
    Originally posted by KoolCat
    And everytime one went off, so did about 50 Lada car alarms (which are the most ridiculous things I've ever heard - they sound like a toy machine gun).

*tries to imagine this*

lol
  • Options
    Sounds fun :D
  • Options
    MY dads in Russia.... just thought I'd add that lovely comment there...:p
  • Options
    sounds bloody amazing...wish i could visit moscow!
  • Options
    Originally posted by amirab
    sounds bloody amazing...wish i could visit moscow!

you should..... everybody should!

it's an amazing place - not at all what you'd imagine :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by KoolCat
    you should..... everybody should!

it's an amazing place - not at all what you'd imagine :)

go on tell us wat its like mayb then i can convince mum and dad!:p
  • Options
    gosh it would take me all day to describe it and I've only got 2 mins left at this internet place. Let's just say that it's not the mafia-ridden, full-of-crime-and-poverty place that I had thought it was. There is crime and poverty and the mafia here, but there's so much more besides. Loads of beautiful parks and gardens, and the people can be really hospitible. And boy, do the Russians know how to party!!!
  • Options
    I saw the Moscow State Circus the other day. :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
  • Options
    You described it so well I felt like I was there. I'd love to see St. Petersberg and Moscow some day.