Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

how much will it hurt?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hiya all! i wasnt sure what board to put this on, so i decided this is probably the best choicE soon im getting a tattoo on my back, you know the one beckham has? well that one, and i was wondering if anyone could tell me how much it will hurt?
thanks.

david

Comments

• Options
    Well, i havent had one done, so personally i dont know. But my mum had one and she said it wasnt really painfull, just uncomfortable. Like alot of scratching thats on going...
  • Options
    My brother has that exact tattoo and said it didn't hurt too much at all. He has had 2 smaller ones though so knew the kind of pain and whether he could handle it, cos that is one big tattoo!
  • Options
    its like a cat scratching u a lot
    and its not as painfull as everyone says its really uncomfortable for the first minute or so then u kinda get used to it but its sore to touch afterwards and make sure u keep it clean with savlon etc what design are you getting?
  • Options
    thanks everyone for replyin! if anyone else can help that'd be great also! i am hoping to get the angel like what beckham has on his back.
  • Options
    It hurts a bit, like it's intense, but the tattooist will stop every now and then to clean the needle, which gives you a breather. And if it's on your back, you'll be sat on a chair the wrong way, so if need be you can grip the back of the chair :D And it doesn't hurt too much afterwards. Just DO NOT PICK THE SCABS that form about a week later, cos if you do then you can pull the colour off with it. Don't get it wet until it's TOTALLY healed, and that means baths, saunas, steamrooms are a no-no, coz the colour can bleed. Showers are ok, just make sure you dry it straight away and put savlon or haemmeroid cream on it daily. If you go out in the sun, put a high protection sunscreen on it, otherwise the colour can fade. It's a lot to do, but if you want it to look good, it's well worth it. I've seen people do all of these things (except the water one) and the tat looks terrible afterwards and need to get touched up, which is more pain and expense. Hope it goes well! :)
  • Options
    *knows nothing about where Beckham has his tattoo*

if its lower back it'll hurt cos all ur nerve endings r there...
  • Options
    thanks a lot for that, its been a great help! im really nervous about getting it, cos even though everyone is saying it doesnt hurt that much, the horrible stories are still in the back of my mind, but hey, lifes like that so i guess it'l be ok!

thanks
  • Options
    You'll be fine! Be sure to let us know how it goes!
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheKingOfGlasgow
    You'll be fine! Be sure to let us know how it goes!

:yes: and take us a picture too!
  • Options
    where on the back is it?

they dont' hurt much, unless you get it in a sensitive area, going across your spine can be painful.
  • Options
    I have one on my hip (front) which didnt hurt at all, but I have two on my lower back, one of which is right on my tail bone, and it was really really painful. I hadnt eaten anything and was really ill.

Make sure you've got some lucozade with you.