Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Elliptical machines?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
anyone got any idea where i can buy a cheapish, elliptical machine? i was looking around the£100/150 mark? or am i asking too much?lol.
thanks for your help:)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Argos maybe??
  • Options
    Remind me which one an eliptical machine is?
  • Options
    its sometimes called a cross trainer? it simulates, running, skiing, walking up hill.......... ring any bells?
  • Options
    yep thats a cross trainer. they are v good.
    argos methinks
  • Options
    Your best bet is to look for used ones, even the very cheapest new ones cost over 200 pounds and if you're looking for the fancy electric ones (Like a PreCor), those cost thousands....

Have you considered joining a gym instead? Most gyms have them now and the very nice ones at that. Plus, like anything else, you don't want to do the same machine day after day because your body will adapt to what it needs to do for that specific machine and decrease the benefits of the exercise. Gyms will have Stairmasters, treadmills, exercise bikes so you can vary what you do.
  • Options
    i checked argos....
    the cheapest one is £119 and its a very basic one, the more expensive ones are about £400. but as Alessandro says, u might be better joining a gym
  • Options
    hi, thanks guys. already a member of a gym but we're trying to get together a little home gym, just the basics, bike, rower, treadmill,free weights etc. its really impossible for me to go to gym, then get to college on time etc. (damn places too far apart) i really wanted a cross trainer thought, so thanks for the help!