Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Internet LiveJournals... But why?

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,723 Bot
I'm probally going to insult a few of you, but oh well.

Live journals, I mean come on, this surely is the internet gone mad, it gives you the oportunity to tell everyone everything about yourself that we dont want to know.

Its shear maddness, does anyone have any interest in the pointless details of someone elses life?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've often thought the same :p
  • Options
    I write in mine because I am at work and I cant be arsed to keep a paper diary that I would prolly loose.
  • Options
    Know exactly what you mean, was thinking the exact same thing yesterday.
    Every year at Christmas you can guarentee someone will get me a diary, and every year I'll say to myself that I will use it and look back on it. By December 28th, I've used the front cover for roach, and the rest, will be nice and snug in the bin.
    Fuck knows why I'd want to make a publically accessable diary of my life
  • Options
    Fair enough, I mean its not really a big deal if its for yourself, but to assume anyone else is interested smacks of self importance.
  • Options
    I use it to keep track of my feelings, and people can give thoughts advice to what I'm thinking, without the risk of it turning into a total flirt/chat session.

Plus I use it to keep track of my dreams, like ones about me on TV, or Celtic winning the UEFA Cup, like I did last night :p
  • Options
    I dunno, they're quite useful, they allow me and some online friends to keep track of what we're doing. Depends on whether you see it as something for yourself or others I suppose..........
  • Options
    Writting is a beautiful art, it should be worked over, laboured for, words can be amazing things. Maybe I'm just getting nostalgic over something that was never there, theres always been crap books, the internets the same I suppose.
    I just think that just because you actualy can type it and put it in a public space where others can read it, should you?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    Plus I use it to keep track of my dreams, like ones about me on TV, or Celtic winning the UEFA Cup, like I did last night :p

You say dreams I say nightmares,
    you say potato I say potatoe

Let's call the whole thing off :p
  • Options
    If your only motivation is to get attention then no, you probably shouldn't. But they do have their uses for for the mentally stable and literate user.........
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda

I just think that just because you actualy can type it and put it in a public space where others can read it, should you?

I keep a lot of my entries private, so only I can see them. Otherwise, I usually keep them friends only, and even then I only let certain people see certain things. I dunno.

I can't speak for anyone else though.
  • Options
    Originally posted by NinjaMaster
    You say dreams I say nightmares,
    you say potato I say potatoe

Let's call the whole thing off :p
    :lol:
  • Options
    I'm curious as to why people put a link in their sig - especially if their journal is friends only. I just don't get the idea that someone else may be that interested in your life...:confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by z0ma
    Know exactly what you mean, was thinking the exact same thing yesterday.
    Every year at Christmas you can guarentee someone will get me a diary, and every year I'll say to myself that I will use it and look back on it. By December 28th, I've used the front cover for roach, and the rest, will be nice and snug in the bin.
    Fuck knows why I'd want to make a publically accessable diary of my life

I am the same:eek: :rolleyes:
    :)
  • Options
    i do it because i'm bored. and i write shit. i'll be like, hey its like 2 1/2 minutes since i've last wrote and i'm still bored, hey i'm hungry.

boy do i pity the fool who reads them.

and if things are too personal, they can always have it no be able to be seen by others.
  • Options
    Originally posted by badcoverversion
    I just don't get the idea that someone else may be that interested in your life...:confused:

If they aren't then don't read them then.

I don't get annoyed if people don't read it, it's just their for those (if there are any) that are interested.

Not got a code then :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bri-namite

Not got a code then :p

I have a livejournal. I think I wrote in it twice.
    I'm fully with the 'if you don't like it, you don't have to read it' I just wonder why people put it in their sig, that's all - do you want people to read it?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lord of Little
    they do have their uses for for the mentally stable and .........
    lot of lj's in the wrong hands then!
  • Options
    Originally posted by badcoverversion
    do you want people to read it?

I'm not that bothered to be honest. I suppose it's a link to my lil' corner of the net, it's just personal I suppose.

I also use LJ to read about other people, it's not just a me me me thing.
  • Options
    oh oh oh, me me, pick me i know the answer!!!!!

its what all the cool kids do now a days. :D
  • Options
    I write in mine to vent. I link to it because it's mine...all mine.... :D
  • Options
    Re: Internet LiveJournals... But why?

it gives you the oportunity to tell everyone everything about yourself that we dont want to know.

If you dont want to read it dont click the bloody link :rolleyes:
    Nobody is forcing you to read !!

Anyway I have a code if anyone wants it, PM me although Im not going to be back on till later tonight. So dont panic if I dont pm you back ;):D
  • Options
    Re: Re: Internet LiveJournals... But why?
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    Anyway I have a code if anyone wants it, PM me although Im not going to be back on till later tonight. So dont panic if I dont pm you back ;):D

I have just got rid, so sorry cant help nobody else :)
  • Options
    Writting is a beautiful art, it should be worked over, laboured for, words can be amazing things. Maybe I'm just getting nostalgic over something that was never there, theres always been crap books, the internets the same I suppose.

You use this place, don't you?

What is the difference?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent

What is the difference?

LJ you can make it so just your friends can read if theres something you dont want the whole world to see. Sometimes just putting stuff there actually makes you feel better, say if you have been having a bad time. Problem shared is a problem halved really.

I suppose its each to their own, aint it :)
  • Options
    if truth be told my LJ is there to basically help me get thru things and i guess i also use it to see the good things that have happened in my life...i know none of my mates read it but then its for me to pent my feelings in...i used to do the whole poetry thing but in my house nuthin is private so i decided that i should get myself an LJ...

i have a link to it in my sig cos i feel that u lot hav access and knowledge of some of my most personal feelings thru thesite so y not.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    LJ you can make it so just your friends can read if theres something you dont want the whole world to see. Sometimes just putting stuff there actually makes you feel better, say if you have been having a bad time. Problem shared is a problem halved really.

I know Mrs Boo, because I have one. I was just asking him ;)
  • Options
    Call me sad (not really :rolleyes: ) but I actually take great interest in reading other people's LJS, especially friends.

I use my LiveJournal to be honest, to just have something to record events in my life that I wouldn't necessarily be able to remember just with my mind. I also like the fact that friends read it and advise me on stuff.
  • Options
    i just jumped on the bandwagon when someone offered me a code :)

theres no harm in it, i like just writing weird shit, it helps you get to know people on the site loads more

its not as if anyone irl is EVER gonna get to read it ever ever
  • Options
    My journal is friends only, and i don't link to it from my sig. I like it, it's a way of getting involved in people's lives that i wouldn't be able to otherwise (because they live in stupid places like Derby or Vienna :rolleyes: ). I have lots of filter groups, and i do really treat it as a journal, it's full of lots of random stuff, whatever i feel like writing about. I dunno. I like it :)[/pointless post]
  • Options
    Yeah i got mine in my sig & tbh i don't know why.
    As for actually using it. Its great, its a way i can let out what i'm thinking, which i find very hard any other way. I also get to read about my friends lifes & try to offer help etc when & if i can.
    You may not like it, but it doesntr make it pointless, just useless to you. Thats all :).