Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Israel and Palestinw\e

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Here we go again - a Palestinian suicide bomber killed 13 Israelis, 5 of them children. This is in response to the several Palestinian assassinations by Israelis who assassinate Palestinians because the Palestinians are bombing them. Does anyone but me see the circular and foolishness of this cycle?

Whats worse is the news media portrayal of the Palestinians as "terrorists" and the Israelis as innocent victims in all of this. I'm the first to acknowledge that Arafat isn't winning any awards for the peace effort but for God's sake - if taking a helicopter gunship and firing rockets at a 'suspected' terrorist leader's car isn't a form of terrorism, then what is?

My point is, both sides are equally responsible for the killing and the continuation of this stupid conflict. Israel, for all her past troubles is bringing a lot of this on herself with the constant attacks on the Arabs and refusal to even compromise with them on the land they lost (among other things). Then theres Arafat - who denounces such violence but does little to prevent it from happening.

Either the 2 sides try and work this out or they should expect nothing short of total destruction. In any case, I don't want to see 3rd parties, be it American, European or otherwise supporting either side with troops or money (which is being talked about in America). This whole thing makes me sick.