Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

thrush....

what is it? and what are the symtoms? is it catching? how do you get it in the first place? it can be cured right? ive never had it before but my mate say shes got it and i was just wondering.
thank you.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I just posted a really informative response.
    But your sig pissed me off so I deleted it

:p
  • Options
    Ive been lucky and only had it once..

Its caused by something alled Candida which is like a bacteria or something (im assuming with what im guna write your talking about vaginal thrush but u can get oral thrush etc.... which is pretty much the same thing just in a diff place i guess :p), its normally harmless but can grow and spread if you...

· are pregnant
    · wear tight jeans or nylon underwear (thats why a lot of undies have cotton strips)
    · are taking certain antibiotics
    · have diabetes
    · are ill
    · have unprotected sex with someone who has candidiasis
    · are taking the oral contraceptive pill

The symptoms...

· itching, soreness and redness around your vagina, vulva or anus
    · a thick, white discharge from your vagina that looks like cottage cheese and smells yeasty.
    · swollen vulva
    · pain when you have sex
    · pain when you pee

nice-- but nearly every woman has it at some point!

You can go to boots and get something thats called Cannisten once i think.... but if she asks at a chemist they give her a cream which gets rid of it immediately. its not a nasty std - you can get rid of it in under 24 hours....

Only just found out the other day that it can be sexually transmitted, so maybe her sexual partner may have it to (in blokes they often wouldnt notice)

edited cus i felt like it
  • Options
    Just had a look on the net... cus im helpfull like that :p to find out what you take to get rid of it

Found this list....
  • Options
    sorry kinky red its just a quote from a poem my mate wrote and it made me laugh, no offence to anyone with the firey hair colour, hell i had red hair myself!!

and thanks for all the info youve given me. ill be sure to tell her.
  • Options