Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

libraries

littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
how much do i hate stupid libraries. i am trying to do work and there is this girl singing in the stupid library. its like ... hello ... exam time. we are all trying to work. its hard enough to concentrate with distractions like fun internet but when other people dont respect the library rules ... thats what pisses me off. grrr :mad:

whats everyone elses views on libraries??

im calm now

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I like libraries.
    It's the people in them that piss me off.
  • Options
    i have a guy who is talking to the computer he is on sitting next to me - he seems very nervous too...

all the glasgow neds sit and shout and things in our library its a bit of a bitch - my only worry is that i might type too loudly cause i dont want to disturb these other people working when im sitting on my ass doing f all

har har har..... no exams for pie!! art students rule!! lol
  • Options
    Originally posted by pie
    i have a guy who is talking to the computer he is on sitting next to me - he seems very nervous too...

all the glasgow neds sit and shout and things in our library its a bit of a bitch - my only worry is that i might type too loudly cause i dont want to disturb these other people working when im sitting on my ass doing f all

har har har..... no exams for pie!! art students rule!! lol

ooh ... thats not fair. im trying to write and research an essay at the moment. edinburgh uni library is ridiculous ... people think its a social place and it pisses me off. go to the fucking unions. thats what they're there for.
  • Options
    FOR FUCKS SAKE

SHUT THE FUCK UP. YOU ARE IN A FUCKING LIBRARY.

damn t'hell chris guthrie :mad:

deep breaths .... and calm.
  • Options
    When I'm in a library and someone's making a noise, I normally laugh to myself. There's no point getting worked up over it – regardless how annoying it is – because that'll make it feel much worse. So just laugh to yourself and breathe deeply. Alternatively, quietly tell the librarian who should act.
  • Options
    i have the guy from hell sitting next to me - its the case of "i just learned to type so i must hit the buttons as hard as i can cause it shows i can T Y P E!" tis annoying

I WANT A LIVEJOURNAL... help me somebody please and give me a code before my brain explodes...

i love my donkey and i want to keep him as my friend forever.. oooh monkey is good too (can you see im getting to the stage where im so bored my brain has melted.. where the hell is my mate??)
  • Options
    Originally posted by pie
    i have the guy from hell sitting next to me - its the case of "i just learned to type so i must hit the buttons as hard as i can cause it shows i can T Y P E!" tis annoying

and people who talk on mobile phones in the library are bad too. damn those people.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mobily's Ghost
    When I'm in a library and someone's making a noise, I normally laugh to myself.

Personally I prefer to sneak up behind them and then bury an axe in their head. It's amazing how calm I feel after that...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent
    Personally I prefer to sneak up behind them and then bury an axe in their head. It's amazing how calm I feel after that...

:lol: I can understand this... :p
  • Options
    I work in a library!!

Don't blame the library - its the library users that are at fault.

I hate the stereotypes librarians are lumbered with, its SOOOO boring