Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Cannibals...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Cannibake

Found the above link, which is obviously a joke, but got me thinking. If you knew a real life cannibal, how would you treat them?
Not the stereotype, who'll go around murdering people for their next snack, I mean, say that company was real, and cannibalism products were available if permission was given by the peoples' relatives, what would you think of them?
Imagine, they were a cannibal, but kept it in their secret life, and only brought meat from a certain company, but had it as a kind of fetish, would you call them a freak and steer well clear, or would you not be bothered?

Or for example, like that movie where a football team crash into a mountainside, and are forced to eat the dead to survive, if you were in that situation, would you eat the already dead to survive?
Personally, if it came down to it, and they were already dead, yeah, I would, unwillingly, eat them if it meant that the living could survive for longer and increase the chance of being rescued.

Also, if you've ever seen any of the 70's cannibal films (a la Cannibal Holocaust, Cannibal Ferox etc), it'll show a (biased) idea of what the cannibal tribes in the Amazon may live like. Basically, eating animals, and other beings them come across in the jungle, beating other members/wives for betrayal/adultery, and just generally, living by rules you'd expect of a community 1000 years ago (I don't know to what extent this is true, obviously never seen a tribe in action myself, but just imagine). If you yourself saw this in action yourself, how would you react? Would you call it "evil/disgusting/inhumane" or accept that that's how they live their life, almost in a completely different dimension to our way of life.

I don't really know what I'm getting at, and that's probably complete ramble, but nevermind.

Got's me all hungry now. :p :rolleyes:

Comments

• Options
    Haha...where do you find these links...:p
  • Options
    It's disgusting. There's no other way I can look at it, not at all - it's eating PEOPLE!!! I can usually see both sides of an issue, and I'm usually flexible and willing to be persuaded about things, but not this. Cannibalism makes my flesh crawl, it's just inhuman.
  • Options
    Haha, funny :D
  • Options
    Urgh I'd be completely freaked out and scared shitless. Good job it'll never happen.
  • Options
    Re: Cannibals...
    Originally posted by z0ma

Or for example, like that movie where a football team crash into a mountainside, and are forced to eat the dead to survive, if you were in that situation, would you eat the already dead to survive?

Hell yeah, I`d give it a go! I`d want to survive tyvm.

70's cannibal films (a la Cannibal Holocaust, Cannibal Ferox etc), it'll show a (biased)

The Hills Have Eyes, yeeeeahh! Gotta love cheesy old cannibal films.
  • Options
    Originally posted by HunnyPot
    Urgh I'd be completely freaked out and scared shitless. Good job it'll never happen.

Errr....yeah :nervous:

Nah, seriously. Scenario: Just like that movie your plane crashed somehwere really remote like a huge mountain, miles and miles from anywhere and the absolutely only way you would be able to survive, and have any chance of being rescued would be to eat the flesh of the people who died in the crash. Now, say half died in the crash and half were living, perfectly fine, with no injuries etc. So in the end, you'd die from starvation, which I could imagine wouldn't be a nice way of dying.
    What would you *honestly* do, if most of the other survivors had already begun to feast?
  • Options
    I would join them, if theyre already dead, then why the hell not?
  • Options
    Yeh, cant imagine it'd be nice, but if it was my survival at stake then yeh i would, they're already dead, im sure they'd be pleased to know they're bodies went to good use :D:p
  • Options
    FREAKS!!!!! I couldnt possibly think anything else?? and id never let them have me round for dinner!
  • Options
    Would we taste better rare, or well cooked?

What herbs would best complement our natural taste?

Probably taste like Chicken, anyway, though...
  • Options
    Originally posted by bad seed
    Doesnt everything...
  • Options

Wouldn`t we be more like pork?? Long pig is what the Pacific Islanders used to call us after all....
  • Options
    Originally posted by Miffy
    Wouldn`t we be more like pork?? Long pig is what the Pacific Islanders used to call us after all....

We may well do...

Apple sauce, then :D
  • Options
    Would we taste better rare, or well cooked?

What herbs would best complement our natural taste?

Very rare, with a dash of oregano.

And more like beef actually. :p

VinylVicky, if your life depended on it, you're telling me you'd rather die of starvation than eat another (already dead) person and wait to be rescued?
  • Options
    Just pass me the bbq sauce ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by z0ma
    Errr....yeah :nervous:

Nah, seriously. Scenario: Just like that movie your plane crashed somehwere really remote like a huge mountain, miles and miles from anywhere and the absolutely only way you would be able to survive, and have any chance of being rescued would be to eat the flesh of the people who died in the crash. Now, say half died in the crash and half were living, perfectly fine, with no injuries etc. So in the end, you'd die from starvation, which I could imagine wouldn't be a nice way of dying.
    What would you *honestly* do, if most of the other survivors had already begun to feast?

hmm so itd take em a few months to find you?
    humans can go without food for months, so no, i wouldnt.

:p
  • Options
    Originally posted by duffy_2k
    hmm so itd take em a few months to find you?
    humans can go without food for months, so no, i wouldnt.

:p

When that plane crashed in the Andes they weren`t found at all, eventually some of them had to walk out and get help.