Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Dentists

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have to go to the dentists in a few minutes for my 6 month check up. I hate going :( I can never seem to keep my mouth open and whenever that horrible air is sprayed in my mouth i try to swallow and then more is sprayed in my mouth! Its torture...

Comments

• Options
    i haven't been to the dentist in 6 years.....i really should go...:nervous:

you'll be grand. :) although that pink stuff they make you drink i s minging. :yuck:
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    i avoid the dentist. i hate them so much. i havent been in nearly 3 years. eek.
  • Options
    I have to go once a month! Its not really that brilliant, but it has to be done. And I noticed that they fiddle about in your mouth so much that they dont even realise that THEYRE HURTING YOUR TEETH!!!! :rolleyes: *Damn capslock....*
  • Options
    Yer that pink stuff is nasty! The first time i was ever asked to have some i thought it was blood!
  • Options
    i really despise dentists - apparently when i was younger i used to love going and i would run in - i dont know what i was thinking

i really hate when i pull zips and it makes that weird vibration noise - and the drill the dentist uses is 100000000x worse

oh gawd i want to be sick just thinking of it

last time i went to the dentist i fainted!! :eek2:
  • Options
    All squeemish folk or peeps scared of the dentist stop reading NOW. (Although I know you'll all be too nosy to stop :yes: )

I went to the dentist a few years back and had to get an injection. One right at the back of the mouth between the upper and lower jaw. Unfortunately the needle broke whilst giving me the jab and the sharp bit stuck in my mouth causing lock-jaw. The dentist had his gloves on and couldn't get a proper grip to pull the needle out. Meanwhile I'm lying there drowning in my spit cause I couldn't close my mouth or swallow.

Hate dentists. And to make things worse my local dentist has now gone private. £40 for a check-up. What the fuck do I pay my national insurance for?
  • Options
    I have a scary old pic of someone at a dentists in pain. Will post it when i get back from the torture chamber.
  • Options
    When I was younger I too used to love going - probably because I got a morning off school and had perfect teeth.

For some reason (read: laziness) I haven't been in about three years and plan to leave it as long as possible!
  • Options
    I dont mind going, its not the worst thing in the world. If you keep your teeth properly cleaned then there should be no bother :D
  • Options
    well not all of us have perfect teeth like you rockstars, mr grohl! :razz:
  • Options
    Originally posted by NinjaMaster
    All squeemish folk or peeps scared of the dentist stop reading NOW. (Although I know you'll all be too nosy to stop :yes: )

I went to the dentist a few years back and had to get an injection. One right at the back of the mouth between the upper and lower jaw. Unfortunately the needle broke whilst giving me the jab and the sharp bit stuck in my mouth causing lock-jaw. The dentist had his gloves on and couldn't get a proper grip to pull the needle out. Meanwhile I'm lying there drowning in my spit cause I couldn't close my mouth or swallow.

Hate dentists. And to make things worse my local dentist has now gone private. £40 for a check-up. What the fuck do I pay my national insurance for?

OMG. you poor soul. eugh ... dentists. that story makes me wanna avoid dentists even more. i still have a hole in my mouth where the dentist put the needle in the wrong place.
  • Options
    Back from the dentists! It wasnt so bad :) Apparently i only really need to go once a year now. Think he knows i dont like going! Heres the creepy pic...
  • Options
    Flake_MustaineFlake_Mustaine Posts: 1,261 Wise Owl
    Ugg.. i got to do to the dentist's tomorrow afternoon, and that picture was NOT what i wanted to see!! ;):lol:
  • Options
    Hehe! Good luck Flakey! :)
  • Options
    Flake_MustaineFlake_Mustaine Posts: 1,261 Wise Owl
    Originally posted by Fairy
    Hehe! Good luck Flakey! :)
    thanks Fairy :) I think he'll drill my teeth to bits this time though.. i was only just lucky the last time :p
  • Options
    I havent been in a few years, since my mum stopped booking my appointments and taking me to them!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Fairy
    Back from the dentists! It wasnt so bad :) Apparently i only really need to go once a year now. Think he knows i dont like going! Heres the creepy pic...

:yuck: i am NEVER going to the dentists ever again. what with this picture and ninja's story. no way :no:

edited to say ... glad it went well for you though fairy :)