Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

dreams

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i keep having this dream, well its not exactly the same one but one very similar where i keep trying to run and a can feel something slowing me down, like a restrictive force. or sometimes i'm trying to punch someone/something and something slows my fist down or i hit them and it doesn't hurt.its really fustrating!

anyone believe that dreams actually mean anything or are they just bollox?lol.

Comments

• Options
    My sister has a book about dreams, it's like a dictionary that explains keywords like *running* and stuff. I used to get dreams that I'd be running down corridoors then I'd turn left through a really small corridoor and there'd be a force stopping me, then I was knifed to death :eek2:
  • Options
    i have the exact same dream, except mine is like im running and i have to run fast, faster than ive ever ran before, but i cant run any faster its like theres a machine on my leg moderating my speed. looked it up a while back, meant you are worried about being held back and not being able to move towards something because of other things. heyyyyy since i broke up with laura i havent had it hahaahaha.
  • Options
    yeh i have a book like that too chaos.

I had a horrible dream last night, two years ago my friend at college died in a freak accident, i had a dream that i was back at his funeral. One of my current college lecturers was there, they were outside the building together, Joe (my firend) was dead on the floor and sarah (my lecturer) was talking to him as if he was alive. she had a black dog with her, they were playing, and she was acting as if she was his best friend, but he was slumped against this wall thing.

I went in to the funeral (for which i was late) and Joe's mum, who looked exactly like my nan, was making a speech, but she was happy, and i was in floods of tears, i woke up crying, I just couldnt stop, it was as if i was truly distraught in my dream, and i woke up in a right state.

Its coming up to the anniversary of my uncles suicide, so I think that might have triggered it off.
  • Options
    I keep having the same dream about being in my old school crush's house (does that make sense?!), while he's out. His younger brothers are there, but I have to creep around the house without them seeing me. I look out of a window and see him (my crush) and his mum coming up the drive so I have to leave quickly. I get downstairs to the kitchen to find two of the girls I work with now (who know nothing about this guy, or vice versa!) - turns out they are there babysitting his brothers. I tell them not to tell anyone I was there, and then the dream ends, I never know what happens next!

I tend to have that dream every few months, followed by more dreams about him during the next few nights, then nothing again for ages til I have that reoccuring one - odd! :confused:

I haven't actually spoken to this guy for years (it's nearly three years since we left school) but we still live in the same village and I drive past his house every day and I know he's still around... don't quite know why I'm still dreaming about him tho!

A good website to find out the meaning of your dreams is www.dreamdoctor.com - I haven't found out what my dream means yet tho, but I guess it is a bit of a confusing one! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    i have keep dreaming about my teeth falling out, like i'm spitting them outta my mouth - it really hurts.
    And yes i do believe dreams mean something
  • Options
    i had this really insane dream when i was younger, this sounds mad, but do you remember in the movie "poltergiest" where the mommy is running down the hall and it keeps on going and she cant get to the end to save her kids - well put me in that scene cept with a rather large orange sponge chasing me :S

would really like to know what that means - except the fact that im insane

i had a weird dream last night too where i was chatting up matt from busted - dont like busted found his name from a site today - but i somehow managed to get into that situation and then later in the dream we had to chase down the real matt :S and then i was in a mad cartoon where busted where evil doctor type people with shaved heads - needless to say i was rather rat arsed before i went to bed last night :D
  • Options
    I do believe dreams can be a source of inspiration and of help to us come daylight.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    i wish i could tell you all the dreams im having at the moment but i cant sleep at the moment :(
  • Options
    i haven't had it now for a few days but i think shy boy might be on to something... i don't do a lot of things because of my boyfriend, well not like he stops me but i there is some stuff i would have done if it wasn't for me going out with him. like moving away to uni and stuff... ummmmmm.