Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Sympathy please

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have no real problem but I feel bleeeugh. I have exams coming up and they're really getting me down. My German oral exam is on Tuesday and I've never been this scared about an exam before :( I think I'm going to screw the whole thing up and I don't know what to do about it.

Poor me.

*wallows*

Comments

• Options
    Aww, what a shame you feel like shit. *hugs*
  • Options
    aww my german oral was moved from last tuesday first thing to last thing last friday and i was absolutly terrified about it,but i survived it isnt as hard as you think infact i think i did quite well!

dont worry hun you'll be fine

and whats the worst that could happpen?
    the suns still going to rise tomorrow.....thats what my english teacher said to me before i went in and it really helped!

just dont do what i did and imagine your (male) german teacher as a receptionist in a dress(my roleplay was with him as a receptionist) and giggle through most of it.
  • Options
    Ah don't be too worried. Exams are hardly ever as hard as you think they're going to be, and it's not like your entire grade depends on the oral exam. And even if you do screw up, I'm sure you'll do better in other subjects.
  • Options
    Aww Good luck with the exams and that hun! You'll be fine, just think I passed mine so you'll be alright ;):p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shukes
    Ah don't be too worried. Exams are hardly ever as hard as you think they're going to be, and it's not like your entire grade depends on the oral exam. And even if you do screw up, I'm sure you'll do better in other subjects.

Blasphemy.

Shut up.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone :)

I'm taking 4 A-levels and German is the one which I'm least concerned about as I was going to give it up a while ago and just decided to stick with it. But my teacher expects me to do well, and I know I could be capable of getting an A in it, but I don't know how to prepare for it. Oral exams are horrible cos it's the unknown - unknown examiner, unknown questions, having to think on your feet... I think I'm going to be sick.

But yes, I'll still be alive on Wednesday. :D

LSS
  • Options
    *offers sympathy*

i have exams too and i need to get D D E (or four Es) to get to the uni i want

i can pretty much do it i reckon but if i fuck up then im fucked :/
  • Options
    Good Luck BlackHole, I'm sure you can do it if you think you can. I need BBB for my chosen uni which I think I can manage. It's more the build up and the revision which worries me!

LSS
  • Options
    Originally posted by Black Hole Sun
    *offers sympathy*

i have exams too and i need to get D D E (or four Es) to get to the uni i want

i can pretty much do it i reckon but if i fuck up then im fucked :/

:)
  • Options
    Have I just seen Shukes be sympathetic towards someone? :eek: :eek2:

Now I really have seen it all......!! :)

LSS - you can only try your best! Why not plan a treat for when the exams are over? :)
  • Options
    Ugh, the only word I saw when I skim read all that was oral. *sighs*

But really, tis just an exam and you never do as badly as you think. I thought I was gonna fail everything and got loads of A's and B's. :/ Go figure.

And ummm, at least you don't have green nipples that are gonna rot and fall off or something.
  • Options
    I need AAA to go to univeristy @ Imperial, or AAB at Southampton.
    If I continue along my current path of a lack luster social life, no alcohol, no drugs and little fun, and cut back on internet time (yea bollox), I mite be able to get an A in maths which is what is really holding me back.
  • Options
    Originally posted by DaisyChainThing
    And ummm, at least you don't have green nipples that are gonna rot and fall off or something.

Thanks Daisy. Wise words indeed.