Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

York or Leeds for 18th?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hi

It's soon my 18th birthday and i am wondering whether to goto York or Leeds....anyone got some first hand experience? There will be a group of about 12 if that bears any signifance, can't think why.

What are the best clubs? And what is the best night to go on?

Cheers
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I supose that it depends what type of music your into and what nite it is that you want to go out. I Cant really coment much on either but i have been to Bass at Space on a wed night and its the best place i'v been in a long time. Its hard dance/ uplifting house kinda thing and only on until end of june.
    I know its not what you asked but good greef in wakefield at foundation is really good thats on one friday every month but not to sure which one so youd have to look into that.
    hope that helped.
    mel*:)
  • Options
    LEEDS LEEDS LEEDS!

I'd of recommended Leeds mate - of Halifax where I'm from!! we're just up the road from Leeds and we've got LOADS of bars n clubs - you'd love it!!
  • Options
    Leeds definitely!!!
    I'm going out for celebration number 2 for my 20th tomorrow night in Leeds. Although I'm biased cos it's my hometown!
  • Options
    Re: York or Leeds for 18th?
    Originally posted by scoot69er
    Hi

It's soon my 18th birthday and i am wondering whether to goto York or Leeds....anyone got some first hand experience? There will be a group of about 12 if that bears any signifance, can't think why.

What are the best clubs? And what is the best night to go on?

Cheers

For God's sake wherever you go BOOK IN ADVANCE on the guestlist. A friend of a friend came to London for his birthday and the idiot didn't book anywhere - I went along and no club would let in a huge group of guys into the club - we went from club to club and were stone sober cos we hadn't been anywhere- the only place we got into that night was Burger King.

... Six months ago the same group of lads got together in London again for one of the friend's Stag Do and I got on the internet and booked us on the guest list of 6 different places including String Fellows which we also got into free instead of paying £10 - saved us £150 just by downloading free vouchers from their website.

At least this time we didn't spent the night in Burger King - although there were plenty of buns at String Fellows I wanted to get my teeth into!! :D

Also if you're meeting people somewhere all carry mobiles

Meet somewhere that's easy to find and see each other

And make sure all your 18 year old friends have ID and no trainers!!