Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

When nothing works out...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
You ever get a time when nothing ever works out? I've just been rejected from an AMerican programme, because they couldn't match me with a company, got 2 crappy essay marks back (62% and 64%), and found this morning that another scholarship thing I applied for I'm not getting either. I hate life right now... :(

SO, what do you do to get out of it? See it as a bad streak, or that some things are meant to happen or what?

Pooh...

Comments

• Options
    Re: When nothing works out...
    Originally posted by TheKingOfGlasgow
    SO, what do you do to get out of it? See it as a bad streak, or that some things are meant to happen or what?
    Just see it as a bad streak! I had a bad streak a couple of weeks back. Wasn't getting any luck on all the jobs I was applying for, broke up with my boyf after 3 years, had no money and was generally in a bad mood. Haven't had any job offers or any more money, but have been out with my mates, had a good time and am feeling more positive about stuff. Everyone goes through a shit time every now and then mate.
  • Options
    Welcome to my world. The way I see it you have 2 options. The first is to stay in bed til the sun shines again or you can keep plugging away til something good happens, which I guarentee will come around a lot faster than if you follow the first option.
  • Options
    62 and 64% aren't bad marks!! They're 2.1's (I'm assuming you're at uni) and I'd be pretty happy with them!!
  • Options
    keep pluggin on something will go your way:)
    xxx
  • Options
    my mum says bad things happen in 3's and it seems as though u have had your 3 so chin up. it'll b better from now on :)
  • Options
    Just move on learn from where you went wrong and set new challenges etc things have got to get better haven't they? ( Its best not to look on the pessimistic side of life)
  • Options
    Mmm, maybe things really aren't that bad, but just seems like it. Standards are too high suppose...
  • Options
    As my master once told me.

"You can't ride any waves till you've sunk into some troughs"
  • Options
    Hey, i know how ya feel!!

I had a smash and grab last Wed night, and me and My b/f had a massive fight just before, and Last night my best mate went back to the uk, i am MISERABLE!!:crying: :crying: :crying:

So hang in there , things do get better!!

Love SlinkyGirl;)