Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

oh the decisions

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
its my school leavers do next week and i dunno what to wear,
it isnt going to be the whole prom thing with big dresses and what not,

any suggestions?

(this place needs a board for stuff like this)

Comments

• Options
    i'd get out a shellsuit, myself.
  • Options
    I agree rockerchick, we need a girlie beauty/fashion/social forum!!

Anyway, you say it's not formal/ballgowns... why not a short dress then? Still can be really smart and sexy, but not as dressy. (except for actually being A dress... well, you know what I mean!)

What are all your friends wearing?
  • Options
    Yeah we do need a forum for fashion and beauty and stuff, save us from annoying all the boys!

Wear a short dress or a smart skirt and slinky top maybe? What sort of thing do you usually wear to smart-ish occasions?

Our ball is in July, I'm SO excited already!
  • Options
    Now now ladies, you know if you got your own board you'd never use it, just look at the sport and fitness board. That's not exactly chock a block with topics after everyone campaigning for it :p
  • Options
    yeah but girly stuff matters!!!

i dont nomrally do very formal when i have its been suits

my mates are wearing jeans
    im thinking of wearing a black skirt and this gold ish wrapover top i got with exceeeeeelent cleavage and my new mules with holes holes in that match my handbag

might just go for that
  • Options
    I think there should be a board for helpful hints and suggestions for everyday life, including health and beauty, housekeeping, gardening, cooking, and work.
  • Options
    Do I smell another petition forming?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Dr Katz
    Do I smell another petition forming?
    :yes:

*waddles off to PM Dom and Karla*
  • Options
    Originally posted by perfect***day
    :yes:

*waddles off to PM Dom and Karla*

I already asked them for a girlie forum ages ago, and they never replied! :p
  • Options
    Awwwwwwww! :(

Maybe we could slant it differently?

A forum for fashion and style?

Or could they rename the health forum, health, beauty and fashion?
  • Options
    Nooooo, you don't want your own girlie forum. Blokes won't be interested in looking in, and you'll loose our input on matters and issues, weakening the overall effectivness of the site. I'd argue that these boards could cull a couple of forums as it is, and therefore strengthening the other forums.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    we could have a forum dedicated to girls about make up and hair and one for lads dedicated to beer and football

and get rid of them down the bottom that no one goes in much
  • Options
    find out what others are wearing and dress similarly
  • Options
    Originally posted by jacaranda
    find out what others are wearing and dress similarly

thats one thing i dont do

i like to be my own person
  • Options
    I like to be my own person too but today I realised that quite a few people in this world don't want to be original like me and they want to be sheep and do what others do. For example, there is a ball in summer coming up soon and the sheep all like to go out and get a new dress even though we are students. I am happy with the dresses i have at the mo and feel theres absolutely no need to follow the sheep and buy a new dress theres nothing wrong with my old dresses in fact they look better than any dresses I have seen around lately. I wasn't sure whether you were one of the crowd or an individual I am glad you are individual. The trick is where what you feel comfortable in and get clothes for all ocasions then you can't go wrong.
  • Options
    I think a girlie forum would be good, tho i don't think you'd want my input on fashion, i have a 'different' opinion than most to what's fashionable. :p
    Also i think what you are thinking of wearing sounds great!
    You'll be a stunner
  • Options
    Originally posted by jacaranda
    I like to be my own person too but today I realised that quite a few people in this world don't want to be original like me and they want to be sheep and do what others do. For example, there is a ball in summer coming up soon and the sheep all like to go out and get a new dress even though we are students. I am happy with the dresses i have at the mo and feel theres absolutely no need to follow the sheep and buy a new dress theres nothing wrong with my old dresses in fact they look better than any dresses I have seen around lately. I wasn't sure whether you were one of the crowd or an individual I am glad you are individual. The trick is where what you feel comfortable in and get clothes for all ocasions then you can't go wrong.

So you're original because you're going to wear a dress that you already have instead of buying a new one to wear to the ball? Why are the other people sheep just because they want to wear a new dress to the ball?!

Rockerchick that sounds lovely what you were thinking of wearing, the gold top and black skirt :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by rockerchick
    thats one thing i dont do

i like to be my own person

Well in that case, find out what others are wearing and dress totally different! :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by FireyFirenze
    So you're original because you're going to wear a dress that you already have instead of buying a new one to wear to the ball? Why are the other people sheep just because they want to wear a new dress to the ball?!

i was thinking the same *confused*

anyways yeah the gold top and black skirt sound great, just as long as your comfortable in it, there's nothing worse than wearing something that you feel uncomfortable in then feeling shitty the whole noght because of it.:)
  • Options
    ugh, I hate gold, it's tacky. :no:
  • Options

its a top
    and it isnt proper gold its like beige but goldyer
  • Options

not always, although i know what you mean, some of the gold stuff is totally :yuck:
  • Options
    heh heh youd of all shouted at me for doing the same post again but now your all going to shout at for dragging an old one back up instead:D

ive got a darts presentation friday night and ive decided to wear a dress....

i was wondering if anyone has any suggestions?

also i think it was kylie who wore a short black dress that had like a really low cut neckline down to her waist so you could see like half of her chest,thats the only option i can think of,

so if youve got any other throw your suggestion in!

ta chucks
  • Options
    as little as possible.