Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Homage to the man with the biggest balls in the world

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,723 Bot
Sorry if this has already been posted as I barely get out of the politics forum and don't keep an eye on here much.

I presume many of you will have heard about Aron Ralston, the climber who had to cut his own arm off with a penknife after it was crushed by a boulder and he was trapped for days in the desert. Full story here.

I just want to take my hat off to the man. I cannot think of a more horrible thing to do. The knife had also lost its edge after he had used it on the boulder in an attempt to free himself, so the pain must have been unbelievable. Not to mention having to break the bones as well.

Top bloke!
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    hes def got the biggest balls!!!

im in awe!
  • Options
    That made the blade hopelessly dull by the time he decided to amputate his arm.

It eventually cut through the flesh, but not the bones. He had to twist his arm again and again until the bones snapped.

You cant even begin to imagine a situation like that.

Very big kahoonas!
  • Options
    Re: Homage to the man with the biggest balls in the world
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    Sorry if this has already been posted as I barely get out of the politics forum and don't keep an eye on here much.

I presume many of you will have heard about Aron Ralston, the climber who had to cut his own arm off with a penknife after it was crushed by a boulder and he was trapped for days in the desert. Full story here.

I just want to take my hat off to the man. I cannot think of a more horrible thing to do. The knife had also lost its edge after he had used it on the boulder in an attempt to free himself, so the pain must have been unbelievable. Not to mention having to break the bones as well.

Top bloke!

What a man!:eek:

Not something I'd have 'balls' to do, but you never know, when in that sort of situation, and your life depended on it would you?

I suppose it's the sort of thing you don't know if you're capable of unless you are in that position!

:chin:
  • Options
    Re: Re: Homage to the man with the biggest balls in the world

Biggest balls?

Biggest twat more like.

Only his stupidity at got him in that situation in the first place. Okay I salute his arm cutting at getting himself out again. But what kind of moron goes climbing like that on their own?
  • Options
    Ouch ouch ouch ouch. I cannot say this enough - ouch!! :eek: :eek2:
  • Options
    oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh dear loard, i've come over all queasy :yuck:
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Homage to the man with the biggest balls in the world
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent
    Biggest balls?

Biggest twat more like.

Only his stupidity at got him in that situation in the first place. Okay I salute his arm cutting at getting himself out again. But what kind of moron goes climbing like that on their own?
    Well, there's a saying that goes something along the lines of "You may have to just face it, your existences only purpose may be to act as a warning to others" :D Let's hope people learn about how not to get yourself in to situations like that, otherwise there will be many more one armed, or one legged, adventure sportsmen in the coming years! :eek:

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    no the saying is something along the lines of cutting off your arm to save your nose ...
  • Options
    oh my god :eek: :crazyeyes

I so couldn't do that, I'd just have to stay stuck under the boulder forever! God.
  • Options
    Jesus Christ...that sounds soooo painful...twisting you arm till it drops off???? GOOOOOOOOOOOD!!! :eek2:

What a brave man, I couldn't do the first part nevermind abseiling and a six mile hike with no arm!
  • Options
    Wouldn't you pass out from the pain from doing that, or go into shock? I guess it goes to show how far a person can go if they've got a strong enough will to live.
  • Options
    well his arm probably had no feelign in it cos there was a fuck off bolder on it and the pain from that would be on the same level and kinda caneled out the carving(sorry). and as for going into shock...well he could have gotten a delayed reaction