Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

rip off

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I just paid £1.40 for a snack size tub of kellogs corn flakes (size of variety pack boxes) No I only did this as there was nothing else in the mc that I like. Plus the shop is ages away and the vendors know this. I am so :mad: at them and me!

Rant over :p

Whats the worst you have been ripped of for, ripped someone else of or what you just generally think is a rip off?

:confused:

Comments

• Options
    Re: rip off
    Originally posted by VinylVicky
    I just paid £1.40 for a snack size tub of kellogs corn flakes, with a little pot of milk and a sugar (size of variety pack boxes) No I only did this as there was nothing else in the mc that I like. Plus the shop is ages away and the vendors know this. I am so :mad: at them and me!

Rant over :p

Whats the worst you have been ripped of for, ripped someone else of or what you just generally think is a rip off?

:confused:
  • Options
    um....everytime i go out at the weekend.....i still cannae get over the €8 i paid for a vodka and coke......that's about £6?

you get used to it.....
  • Options
    went to see erik morillo at newcastle/gateshead quayside on sunday and they were charging £6 a pint....bastards :mad:
  • Options
    Festival food and drink.

"Oh, it is raining and cool - water £1.50"

"Oh, today it is warm and sunny - water £4 maybe more if we don't like the look of you"

:eek2:
  • Options
    £4 for a very small coke in Ibiza :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Bastard bus drivers that wont (can't) give you change for a £1 when the fare is onyl 40p.

Public service my arse.
  • Options
    I was ripped off the whole time whilst in Ibiza - it was expected cos everyone knows how expensive it is, but i've spent so much money on 'nothing'!
  • Options
    Originally posted by cokephreak
    Bastard bus drivers that wont (can't) give you change for a £1 when the fare is onyl 40p.

Public service my arse.
    Then you wait until your stop and ask for the change. If he won't give it you he has to give your your money back. Write to the company and ask them their policy, I have found this to be the policy of all bus companies where I live.
  • Options

Public service my arse.

where i live it costs me £1.10 for a 5 minute journey into town.

:eek2:

i want to travel on the bus, not BUY it.
  • Options

Public service my arse.

in defence of my bus driving sister,
    busses round here dont give change for as they call it 'speed and security'

so either pay hundreds and learn to drive pay a tenn for a taxi or shut ya whinin