Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

post graduate courses

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
God i can't believe this!!

I'm in my second year at uni and have the dreaded question hanging over my head " what do u want to do with ur life" ekk

Any way i know that undergraduates look on ucas for unis but where do postgraduates look? I know there is a database but i can't find it no matter how much i search. does anyone know what it is called?

Just a last thing, i never realised how expensive doing a masters is, i nearly choked on my lunch when i heard!! Prostitution may be the only way forward hehe:D
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Prospects

I knew my crappy job would come in useful one day....
  • Options
    At Easter I too was contemplating what to do with my life and I decided on social work. However, I then found out that a new three year degree was being introduced for which I would need laods of experience. So, I left my course and I am now gathering experience and hoping to start a new degree in Sep 2004.

It is hard to decided what to do, but remember there are options other than doing a masters degree. You could do a diploma or even just start a job.
  • Options
    I want to be an educational psychologist but to do this i need to get a PGCE (Teacher training) and 2 yrs qualified teaching before i can even apply to do the educational psychology course. I'm worried that after 3 years out of uni will i really want to go back??
  • Options
    You may not want to go back to poverty but you just know being at uni is better than doing a 9-5 routine all year!

I am starting to research my masters course as well, money is a right fuck though! :mad: :rolleyes:
  • Options
    I'm in my final year...(Arrrggghhh the dreaded finals are getting closer and closer!!!) and still don't know what to do with my life! So, have decided to take a year out and travel to Oz to see family etc and while I'm there have a think about what I wanna do. I also plan to earn some money....I HATE being so skint!

At the moment I've been toying with the idea of magazine journalism or record company PA/PR/Promo work for about just over a year now so I'll prolly go on to do an MA in journalism/PR if I can find a uni close to Bristol (where I am now) cos my Boyf still has 2 years to go!

Decisions, decisions, decisions!!!!:confused: :nervous: :banghead: know the feeling???