Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Fridge!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just a little question to you all.... does your fridge open to the right? A friend asked my why this is so last night and ever since it has been buggin me..... especially becasue I am a left handed! I feel discriminated against! :(

So, when you stand facing your fridge which way does it open?

Comments

• Options
    To the right...

I think it's something you chose when you buy the fridge, which way you want it to open - so when you buy your own fridge, you can have it opening to the left :)
  • Options
    :confused: I don't think they are. Im certain that fridges are manufactured the same and open to the right - unless you get one specially made.

I think this is going to need some further investigating! :cool:
  • Options
    mine used to open to the right but we had it changed around.
    How sad!
  • Options
    One of my best mates works in Currys... He's just told me it's easy to switch the doors round, but most come opening to the right - if it says in the spec "reversible door" then it can be done :) Too much info, methinks! Sorry! :)
  • Options
    LOL @ you all. Most modern fridges are designed to open either way. You will have to take the door off, and maybe the hinge brackets, and remount to open the other way. The handle should be movable too, for obvious reasons. Have a careful look at the door, and you will see what I mean. There may be blanking plates to hide the holes, bracket mounts though.
    In most cases, all you need is a suitable screwdriver and about 15 mins. You may need to get underneath the fridge to get to some of the screws on the bottom hinge bracket, which means emptying the fridge an up-ending it. If you have to do that, leave the fridge off for a couple of hours to let the coolant settle again.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    WOAH Mr Wobble! You extensive knoweledge on this subject is very impressive! Thank you very much! :naughty:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Angel K
    WOAH Mr Wobble! You extensive knoweledge on this subject is very impressive! Thank you very much! :naughty:
    And quite a worryingly extensive knowledge of home appliances! :eek: And how will you repay me? :naughty:

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    And quite a worryingly extensive knowledge of home appliances! :eek: And how will you repay me? :naughty:

Mr_Wobble ;)

Hmmm well if your into "appliances"........ your wish is my command kind sir! :flirt:
  • Options
    Hmmm well if your into "appliances"........ your wish is my command kind sir! :flirt:
    Well, I'm not so much into kitchen appliances, unless you count being bent over said appliance, legs appart, and naked! :naughty: But if you need any help with a battery powered "appliance", just let me know! I think I have a tool that can fix it! :naughty:

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Well every good handy man has to keep his tools in regular use to prevent rust so maybe we can both do each other a favour! :naughty:

Come to think of it I have a "tucker-box" freezer that needs looking at! :blush:
  • Options
    Well every good handy man has to keep his tools in regular use to prevent rust so maybe we can both do each other a favour! :naughty:

Come to think of it I have a "tucker-box" freezer that needs looking at! :blush:
    I polish my tools regularly to keep them clean and ready for use!

Now, this "tucker-box" of yours. I think we need to defrost it, warm it up gently, then give it a thorough cleaning out, obviously after eating out the contents first. :yum: So come on then, open your tucker-box for me! :naughty:

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    LOL Nice!

Well ok then Mr Wobble - handy man extraordinaire! We also must ensure that your tools have been warmed up in preparation for the "defrost". Please be gentle.... this "tucker box" freezer needs to be treated with care - but I have a feeling you know what your doing.;)
  • Options
    ok then Mr Wobble - handy man extraordinaire! We also must ensure that your tools have been warmed up in preparation for the "defrost". Please be gentle.... this "tucker box" freezer needs to be treated with care - but I have a feeling you know what your doing.;)
    Well, in that case, hold this tool, and warm it up! :) Now, I need to get my tool in your tucker-box. Oh, hang on a minute, My tool's too big! Get some butter from the fridge, and we'll ease it in there! :eek2: Now I just need to put some cleaning fluid inside your box, then clean it out. :yum::naughty:

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    ohhhh Mr Wobble - you are soooooo good with your hands,were did you learn to work with such precision and grace?

My "tucker-box" has never been better :flirt: maybe I need to get it serviced more often?

Hmmm pass the butter please there are a few things that need to be greased up to get this job done..... Are you working up an appetite? Can I get you something in particular to nibble on while you work?
  • Options
    ohhhh Mr Wobble - you are soooooo good with your hands,were did you learn to work with such precision and grace?

My "tucker-box" has never been better :flirt: maybe I need to get it serviced more often?

Hmmm pass the butter please there are a few things that need to be greased up to get this job done..... Are you working up an appetite? Can I get you something in particular to nibble on while you work?
    Oooo, well, we'll have to make servicing your "tucker-box" a more frequent activity. But for now, let's get that butter out, an grease up so I can ease my tool around the back! :naughty: I fancy nibbling on a couple of cherries while I work, thank you. ;)

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    You are so flexible to be able to bend around that back like that! Your work is amazing to say the least!

Here you go, you have your hands full - let me feed you a cherry....

:thumb:
  • Options
    You are so flexible to be able to bend around that back like that! Your work is amazing to say the least!

Here you go, you have your hands full - let me feed you a cherry....

:thumb:
    And I was just about to compliment you on your flexibility to allow me access around the back! Mmmm, juicy, firm, cherries! I've got some fruit for you to taste too! ...Plums! :p

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    LOL @ Plums!!!! :lol:

Hmmm we are getting ourselves in a bit of a tangle here... I not complaining it's just that I am feeling rather faint as I have never seen plums quite like yours before :blush:

Impressive....... very very impressive! :naughty:
  • Options
    We have a big fridge, and it opens both ways from the middle! So you'd get along well with half my fridge
  • Options
    Not only impressive, but juicy! Go on, give 'em a nibble, and feel their juice flow into your mouth, and smoothly slip down your throat! :naughty:

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by fugue
    We have a big fridge, and it opens both ways from the middle! So you'd get along well with half my fridge
    You have a bi-door fridge that swings both ways then? :D

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Ah nicely manouvered...... plums are in position! Hmmmm Mr Wobble, your right very juicy! :D