Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

I don't understand

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone have depression but doesnt really understand why?
I mean yeah i've been through some shit in my life but but so what, shit happens. So why can't i just get on with my life & stop living in the past and live for now & the future?:( :mad: .

I just don't get it?!!!!!

[/End of feeling sorry for self thread}

Comments

• Options
    I always get like that...I'm always thinking that I'm wasting my life though.

Don't worry, be happy! :):)
  • Options
    Re: I don't understand
    Originally posted by Tweety
    Does anyone have depression but doesnt really understand why?
    I mean yeah i've been through some shit in my life but but so what, shit happens. So why can't i just get on with my life & stop living in the past and live for now & the future?:( :mad: .

I just don't get it?!!!!!

[/End of feeling sorry for self thread}
    maybe the fact there is something you don't get is preventing you moving forward? maybe you realy do get it and that's what is still hurting.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr Maypoo
    Don't worry, be happy! :):)

I really wish i could, but i can't. :(
  • Options
    I used to feel somewhat like that a while ago. Some shit was just bothering me, and it's still bothering me today in some way. I was depressed for a while and my family were worried for me. All i can say is keep your head up, you will get better :)
    PM me if you like.
  • Options
    Sometimes its genetic innit.

It might just be your brains way of coping. Its not something you can anticipate or have any control over.
  • Options
    Re: Re: I don't understand
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    maybe the fact there is something you don't get is preventing you moving forward? maybe you realy do get it and that's what is still hurting.

Possibly, but how do people let go of these things? I jsut want to live happily. I don't want this depression anymore.
  • Options
    It is hard trying to make yourself happy without upseting people that are close around you. You need to turn to them. ;)
  • Options
    I'm sure that everyone occasionally feels down and really wish that they could change something in their past – wish that they did something differently or didn't say or do something. But "...there's no going back and we can't change the past..." It might be difficult, Tweety, but chin up, be proud and be happy. You'll be all right. :) A cuddle to temporarily help. :) You know where I am if you wish to chat - I'm a good listener and can even offer good advice. :p
  • Options
    I wish there was a superhuman or something who could answer all my questions..it's not gonna happen though is it?!

Ah feck i'm gonna go have a bath, might make me feel a human.
  • Options

Ah feck i'm gonna go have a bath, might make me feel a human.
    you have humans in your bath!
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    you have humans in your bath!

Lol thanks mr roll, you got me in stitches.
    I meant like a human, but then a human, sexy would be good lol.
  • Options
    Re: I don't understand
    Does anyone have depression but doesnt really understand

Yes there are thousands. You would be suprised how many people actually have depression and dont know why. Look at new mothers, they have a beautiful new baby, all they could ever wish for then it turns sour. They get Post Natal depression and they just cant understand why.
    Could it be hormonal?

Youre not alone, just try talking about your problems to people who you feel can help. Dont bottle stuff up because it doesent help :)
  • Options
    Re: Re: I don't understand
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    Yes there are thousands. You would be suprised how many people actually have depression and dont know why. Look at new mothers, they have a beautiful new baby, all they could ever wish for then it turns sour. They get Post Natal depression and they just cant understand why.
    Could it be hormonal?

Youre not alone, just try talking about your problems to people who you feel can help. Dont bottle stuff up because it doesent help :)

I think thats why i have these problems, i bottled things up for years.
    Anyway i feel slightly more human now i've had a bath :).
  • Options
    http://www.mhf.org.uk/
    this might help
  • Options
    Originally posted by hobbs
    http://www.mhf.org.uk/
    this might help

Thanks, looks really helpfull. :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by J
    I'm not entirely sure how you can get rid of it yet. I think finaly I'm coming out the other end, so I hope to write a nice journal entry about the whole experience and what I did to fight it off.

I'm so glad about that J, keep on going, mind you i don't have you on my lj i don't think, so won't be able to read it :(.
  • Options
    When you figure out how to get through it ... do tell me how!

Gonna check out that site that Hobbs posted in a sec

You might find taking "St. Johns Wort" which is a herbal remedy available in most places like boots, superdrug etc. It's known as Nature's Prozac!!!! It's quite good as it acts as a mild anti-depressant but without the side effects that the prescribed drugs can give you.

Hope thats a help!

luv

F.G. xx
  • Options
    One hell of a lot of people get depression...I found out half my mates have it...I would never have guessed. And because I found out that I can relate, which helps. I can't describe why I get depressed, I get it less and less but it's pitiful. I sat there in class this morning feeling sorry for myself, waiting for someone to annoy me so I could make a scene and walk out, only it never happened and I stayed. Which was good cos the day turned out Ok. I dunno what my point is...maybe find someone to talk to, try to stick it out, keep your mind occupied and of course seek help if you haven't already :)
  • Options
    You are not alone, if there are things from your past that are contributing to your depression then counselling will be helpful and should help you let go and move on.
  • Options
    I wish there was a superhuman who could answer all my questions..it's not gonna happen though is it?!

you cannot be 100% sure of that.
    prayer does have power. you have to learn about it though.
    if there is no superman listening on the other end ...you get to hear your deepest wishes and needs ...voiced in calmness and contemplation. it can and does give birth to hope. once the seeds of hope have taken root, they are often unstoppable. the nettles of despair can be made to bow to the blossoms of hope. in spring renewed.