Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Which type of thread ?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Which type of thread do you actually prefer?

A good debating one where you can talk about different views, how things affect others etc?

A stupid, silly one, where you get to know peoples humour?

A one that is slightly overheated because it could be contraversial?

or do you have any other favourite ones :)

I like a debating one, but I also like silly ones and sometimes I like the contraversial ones...............hhmmm I cant make my mind up :lol:

Comments

• Options
    A debates always good - allows you to express your own opinions and hear others.

But silly/random ones are kool too :D They're the ones a usually reply to :D :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Young and sexy
    A debates always good - allows you to express your own opinions and hear others.

But silly/random ones are kool too :D They're the ones a usually reply to :D :rolleyes:

:yes:
  • Options
    I like a good debate, makes you aware of other peoples views and opinions, and gives you a chance to listen to both sides of an argument.

I also like threads that just turn into a total joke, cause its always funny when people post little insults to each other and stuff, kiezos was the best
    [in a thread about phone packages],
    mobily posted "no prizes for guessing my package :rolleyes: "
    and kiezo posted "pretty small?"

i was pissing myself for nearly an hour
  • Options
    Depends on the mood.

Like the overheated ones a lot :p But the debating ones are also good. I couldn't possibly pick a favourite

Rarely like the "stupid, silly one, where you get to know peoples humour?" Perhaps I have no humour:p
  • Options
    In moods like this when i'm down, i like a silly thread.
  • Options
    all
  • Options
    I like debating threads; ones about crime, politics, contemporary issues, something that can really get people fired up.

I also like threads in which people tell us things about themselves (silly stuff like what they're wearing, where they're going on their holidays etc).

I really hate threads which include one or more of the following:

*People telling people not to be bitchy / mean / sarcastic / nasty / controversial.
    *People pretending to drink in an "online bar". There is nothing more sad than someone doing that.
    *People telling people that their PM box is full.
    *A post in the wrong forum.

I am sure I can think of some more.
  • Options
    I like to read all, especially the debatey ones.
    However I probably post all crap, because my opinions can be very contradicting and confusing. :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee

*People telling people that their PM box is full.

But how else are you meant to tell someone their Pm Box is full? :confused:
  • Options
    A mixture of debating, and funny ones.

Whenever a good debate comes up now, the n00bs come in, make stupid, pointless comments and go "Oh stop your arguing!".

Then they run off and start threads asking everyones favourite flavour of crisps.

Because knowing everyones favourite flavour of crirps makes you sleep easier at night, you know.

Threads, such as the online bar ones are a total waste of time.

Ones saying "Oh I know this is in the wrong forum but the mods can move it! :D:D:D:D" also suck.
  • Options
    Originally posted by duffy_2k

i was pissing myself for nearly an hour

So im not the only one who sits here pissing myself at some stuff :lol:
  • Options
    Originally posted by duffy_2k

I also like threads that just turn into a total joke, cause its always funny when people post little insults to each other and stuff, kiezos was the best
    [in a thread about phone packages],
    mobily posted "no prizes for guessing my package :rolleyes: "
    and kiezo posted "pretty small?"

I do try :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Tweety
    In moods like this when i'm down, i like a silly thread.

Go on then Tweety, you do yours 1st ;)
    Then it will be my turn. :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kiezo
    I do try :p

Oh yes your very trying :p;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Harmless
    Exactly :yes: But do they understand? Nooo :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Young and sexy
    Exactly :yes: But do they understand? Nooo :p

Oooohhhhh, bitchy :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    So im not the only one who sits here pissing myself at some stuff :lol:

nope :)

ive got a gold plated chamber pot :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Harmless
    Fine, then those threads are ok, but once that person has emptied their PM box surely the thread can be deleted? If not, then people keep on chatting and it turns into an MSN style conversation which can be annoying.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    Fine, then those threads are ok, but once that person has emptied their PM box surely the thread can be deleted? If not, then people keep on chatting and it turns into an MSN style conversation which can be annoying.

True, I'll give you that :p:)
  • Options
    the reason i can't escape this place is ...the whole thing. i feel i get to know people. i can see falshood. i can feel warmth. i am in disbelief at the sadness and despair . i see hope. and all this through a simple machine. freeeeky! i am truly fascinated by you all and the whole meaning it could have on us as a society.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    the reason i can't escape this place is ...the whole thing. i feel i get to know people. i can see falshood. i can feel warmth. i am in disbelief at the sadness and despair . i see hope. and all this through a simple machine. freeeeky! i am truly fascinated by you all and the whole meaning it could have on us as a society.

hhhmmm Mr roll what do you see about me :lol:

Seriously you are so right there, we think we have it bad then we actually do see someone who has it bad. We see people trying to make others laugh or just being there for them :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    hhhmmm Mr roll what do you see about me :lol:

Seriously you are so right there, we think we have it bad then we actually do see someone who has it bad. We see people trying to make others laugh or just being there for them :)
    and somewhere someone has put an amazing chip better than all the audio and visual spectaculrs before us ...we realy do experience all kinds of emotions. think of rubber who i was just begining to know ...ad the fact i mention him here means the place already has a history ...i'm supposed to be doing something else me thinks.
  • Options
    I like ones where people insult each other. Funny as fuck.

Bar things = shit. Loadsa idiots totally overdid those so they suck.

PM things suck too. Why the fuck do people PM each other anyway? I mean the odd PM makes sense. But if you're going to send lots of PM's one after the other why the fuck don't you just add each other to MSN or something like that instead?
  • Options
    I like all types of threads, from those that debate controversial issues to fun, 'random' threads.

What I dislike are threads in which people continually moan and grown for whatever reason - especially 'why did you post this thread [entitled 'FAO XYZ']? It was crap.' What? If it wasn't addressed to you, you had no reason to read it other than to satisfy your curiosity - so do not blame other people.

I similarly dislike it when people say 'this has been done before' particularly when someone else has mentioned it previously.

The people that do these things tend to be the people that complain about threads – yet they are doing the same but in post-form. In the words of wise Lard: "no need."
  • Options
    Yeah, people who jump in to debates and tell people to stop arguing.

Certain other threads annoy me too, like when someone announces they've just eaten a sandwich and it was good.

Oh well.
  • Options
    Gawd you lot dont half moan about things.
  • Options
    Originally posted by LacyMay
    Gawd you lot dont half moan about things.

Gawd Lacy why didnt you say something a bit stronger there, you might just have given them the kinda thread people do seem to like ;):p