Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Head Shaving

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm really sick of my hair, so I'm planning to have it shaved off. Except I'm not entirely sure what length to ask for when they use the clippers - probably either a number 2 or number 3. What do these look like (any pictures?), and what would people recommend?

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    Good idea. The thing is, I'd like to go for something a bit different to what I have now - but I'm far too timid, and don't have much confidence in the way I look, so I probably won't like anything!

How much difference is there between a 2 and a 3 then?
  • Options
    Id go with what Seed said. If you go too drastic at the beginning it can be a shock to the system LOL
    Least if you start at say number 4/5 the next time you go to a number 3.
    Not sure about what difference there is between 2/3 but id think it would be a lot if youve never had it that short before. My hubby started off with a number 3, because hes had it short for some time he has now gone onto just complete shaving :)
  • Options
    I used to have a number 2 which was pretty damn short. But nowadays I prefer a 3 - less short, but for me it does the job nicely.
  • Options
    I had a number 2 last time and it wasn't too bad, quite short but at least it was manageable. But it's that time when I need a haircut again, and for some reason I have an urge to try a number 1!

I'm not sure whether to do it - my parents would probably hit the roof, and I suppose there's a chance it could look really terrible - i wish there was some way to preview it! Exactly how short is a number 1 - anyone have any pictures?

Cheers
  • Options
    My mum says she wouldnt cook me dinner, vick says she would dump me, all me girl friends say that i wouldnt be fit.

But all my boy mates say go for it!So I am!
  • Options
    go to my lj. the passport-style-pic is me with a number 1 (which had grown a bit) and the one with me and the sexeh blonde is me with about a 3.
  • Options
    dont do it:(
  • Options
    Originally posted by curiouslad
    My mum says she wouldnt cook me dinner, vick says she would dump me, all me girl friends say that i wouldnt be fit.

But all my boy mates say go for it!So I am!

I chickened out in the end!I dont really like my hair how it is now its bit too short!