Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

dinner

littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
im going to cook my friend a nice dinner tomorrow evening and i like *attempting* to be adventureous in the kitchen. i want to try something new and different. anyone got any ideas?? when you cook a meal, what is you're speciality??

Comments

  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Pork Rashers and Potatoe bake are my speciality, and my b/f can not get enough of it.

    I always cook enough for 4 people, and there are only 2 of us nad he finishes it ALL!!
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Just so long as you do the washing up afterwards, all will be good :)
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Originally posted by Brian Kitten
    Just so long as you do the washing up afterwards, all will be good :)

    nah ... if im cooking im not doing the washing up!!! :)
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by littlemissy
    nah ... if im cooking im not doing the washing up!!! :)
    realy blow them away with lamb and peaches. there are loads of lamb and peach recipies on the net. lamb, peaches and masala powder or paste. afghanistan iran kind of food.
    don't use fruit that is in syrup! use fruit in it's own juice or dried apricots. mmmmmm!!!
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by littlemissy
    nah ... if im cooking im not doing the washing up!!! :)


    That is they way that it is ment to be!!!

    We have that exact agreement in our house!!!!

    ;)
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    realy blow them away with lamb and peaches. there are loads of lamb and peach recipies on the net. lamb, peaches and masala powder or paste. afghanistan iran kind of food.
    don't use fruit that is in syrup! use fruit in it's own juice or dried apricots. mmmmmm!!!

    alas, mr roll, im not a big fruit fan so i wont be cooking that. sorry!!! but thanks for the suggestion! :)
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by littlemissy
    alas, mr roll, im not a big fruit fan so i wont be cooking that. sorry!!! but thanks for the suggestion! :)
    mixed grill.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by littlemissy
    alas, mr roll, im not a big fruit fan sorry
    your eating it not asking for its bleedin' autograph!
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    your eating it not asking for its bleedin' autograph!

    thats very true. i dont want its autograph and i dont like eating it either im afraid.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    pot noodle.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ive got an easy dish to cook which actually tastes gorgeous.

    Cubed Beef
    Onion
    Mushrooms
    Carrots

    Firstly seal the meat by browning in a frying pan then put into a casserole dish. Do the same with Onions, Mushrooms and carrots.
    Then add stock, cover and cook in the oven on a low heat for about 3 hrs.
    Make a suet crust pastry which is flour, suet mix and water and basically mix like normal pastry. Before you put the pastry over the casserole add gravy powder so that you get a nice, thick sauce in the casserole. Put a small bowl in the centre of the casserole (so the pastry doesent sink) and then place the rolled out suet pastry over the top and cook on a higher heat for about 30/40 mins.
    Serve with New potatoes, peas, cauliflower or what ever veg you like. The meat is so tender when cooked for longer and this dish is so easy to make but tastes beautiful..........Go on tell me now your vegetarian:p
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    Ive got an easy dish to cook which actually tastes gorgeous.

    Cubed Beef
    Onion
    Mushrooms
    Carrots

    Firstly seal the meat by browning in a frying pan then put into a casserole dish. Do the same with Onions, Mushrooms and carrots.
    Then add stock, cover and cook in the oven on a low heat for about 3 hrs.
    Make a suet crust pastry which is flour, suet mix and water and basically mix like normal pastry. Before you put the pastry over the casserole add gravy powder so that you get a nice, thick sauce in the casserole. Put a small bowl in the centre of the casserole (so the pastry doesent sink) and then place the rolled out suet pastry over the top and cook on a higher heat for about 30/40 mins.
    Serve with New potatoes, peas, cauliflower or what ever veg you like. The meat is so tender when cooked for longer and this dish is so easy to make but tastes beautiful..........Go on tell me now your vegetarian:p
    i love suet!!!! but do you know what it's made from? the mucous membrane lining of a cows stomach. in other words something akin to snot!
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    chicken breast, bacon, brie, rosemary or other herbs.

    Cut the chicken breast and put some brie in it, sprinkle a few herbs to the chicken, then put it on top of a rasher of bacon.

    Put another rasher of bacon on top of the chicken.

    Put it on a baking tray.

    Cook it at gas mark 6 (or 200C etc.) for about 40-45 mins.

    Serve with vegetables such as potatoes and peas.
    Or whatever vegetables you like.
Sign In or Register to comment.