Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Kiezo, let me get this straight

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
If someone has a dig at a random person, it's just that, a dig.

If someone has a dig at a Celtic fan then it's a sectarian attack?

That is what you're trying to say, right?

So what makes Celtic fans so special that any little dig at them is automatically sectarian?

Surely you, with your 161 IQ, can see that you're arguing up your own arse here (oops, was that sectarian too?) :)

:rolleyes:

Comments

• Options
    dude youve just totally made that up

and why make a new thread? dude delete this its pointless
  • Options
    Originally posted by Black Hole Sun
    dude youve just totally made that up

and why make a new thread? dude delete this its pointless

I mentioned that he dodged my question like it was soap.

He said that was sectarian.

I asked if it would still have been sectarian had I said it to an Airdrie Utd fan, a Man U fan or an Aberdeen fan.

He said (and I quote) "seeing as it's Rangers' fan saying to a Celtic fan, it's an unmistakable sign of biggotry."

So which part did I make up? It's all there for you to read.
  • Options
    Re: Kiezo, let me get this straight
    Originally posted by EssEmm
    If someone has a dig at a random person, it's just that, a dig.

If someone has a dig at a Celtic fan then it's a sectarian attack?

That is what you're trying to say, right?

You know fine well I didn't say that.

Why did you feel the need to twist what I said to fit your needs? Was trying to argue your somewhat pathetic points against me prooving too difficult?
  • Options
    Re: Re: Kiezo, let me get this straight
    Originally posted by Kiezo
    You know fine well I didn't say that.

Why did you feel the need to twist what I said to fit your needs? Was trying to argue your somewhat pathetic points against me prooving too difficult?

Kiezo, to quote you:

"seeing as it's Rangers' fan saying to a Celtic fan, it's an unmistakable sign of biggotry."

This is exactly what you said.

So, to ask again, why is it sectarian to have a dig at a Celtic fan?

What makes Celtic fans so special so that any little dig at them is automatically bigoted?
  • Options
    I mentioned that he dodged my question like it was soap.

He said that was sectarian.

Ah yes, twisting my words yet again, I see.
    So which part did I make up?

Not so much made up, as left out the small fact that it was coming from a Rangers' fan. This, used in conjunction with everything else you said, is sectarian.

A question for you: are you saying you're not sectarian?
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Kiezo, let me get this straight
    So, to ask again, why is it sectarian to have a dig at a Celtic fan?

What makes Celtic fans so special so that any little dig at them is automatically bigoted?

Not so much made up, as left out the small fact that it was coming from a Rangers' fan. This, used in conjunction with everything else you said, is sectarian.

I tire of trying to continue a reasonable argument with you when you persist in twisting what I say to suit you.

Give it up.
  • Options
    Ah yes, twisting my words yet again, I see.

A question for you: are you saying you're not sectarian?

Yes, I am saying I am not sectarian.

So explain this one then........

Let's say I call an Aberdeen fan a soap dodger. That's non-sectarian.

But if I call a Celtic fan a soap-dodger, then it is sectarian (according to you)

Why is that? What's sectarian about it?

Bear in mind that this isn't about name calling, but instead about your view that a dig at a Celtic fan is automatically sectarian :)
  • Options
    Let's say I call an Aberdeen fan a soap dodger. That's non-sectarian.

But if I call a Celtic fan a soap-dodger, then it is sectarian (according to you)

Why is that? What's sectarian about it?

Bear in mind that this isn't about name calling, but instead about your view that a dig at a Celtic fan is automatically sectarian :)
    This, used in conjunction with everything else you said, is sectarian.

*sigh* what did I say about the painfully obvious?

Now if you'll excuse me, I think I'll have more luck arguing this with my bedroom wall.
  • Options
    *sigh* what did I say about the painfully obvious?

Now if you'll excuse me, I think I'll have more luck arguing this with my bedroom wall.

Kiezo, I'll give this one more try and I'll make it as simple as possible for you, ok? Otherwise I'm off to bed.

Now, I've asked several times to explain why a dig at a Celtic fan from a Rangers fan is sectarian, but a dig at an Aberdeen fan by the same Rangers fan is not. Bearing in mind we're keeping religion out of this, why is the former sectarian, and the latter not?

Secondly, quote anything I've said that is sectarian.

To summarise :) ........

You said that the 'soap comment' was sectarian because I was saying it to a Celtic fan. I've quoted you on this twice so don't avoid the question. Why was it sectarian?

I think the above is simple enough for someone with a lesser IQ than your 161 to understand, so if you fail to answer it with facts/quotes etc then you'll have shown that you've argued up your own arse and are speaking drivel.

I fear the worst :)
  • Options

Bearing in mind we're keeping religion out of this

Why? You can't just take any factors that can act against your argument out of the equation because you want to.
    why is the former sectarian, and the latter not?

Secondly, quote anything I've said that is sectarian.

I didn't avoid the question, you just chose to ignore my answer.

That comment, in conjunction with others, and your general tone, is sectarian.
    You said that the 'soap comment' was sectarian because I was saying it to a Celtic fan. I've quoted you on this twice so don't avoid the question. Why was it sectarian?

See above.
    I think the above is simple enough for someone with a lesser IQ than your 161 to understand, so if you fail to answer it with facts/quotes etc then you'll have shown that you've argued up your own arse and are speaking drivel.

Again, see above.

I couldn't possibly quote everything you said in the thread in question, and the other's I've had the displeasure of trying to maintain a sensible argument with you in.

Also, how could I possibly proove than the general tone of your posts is sectarian?

You can deny it all you like - we both know it's true.
  • Options
    Why? You can't just take any factors that can act against your argument out of the equation because you want to.

It's not because I want to, it's because the thing that you originally said was sectarian (the soap comment ;) ) has nothing to do with religion. See that?

You never did explain why it was automatically sectarian to have a dig at a Celtic fan. If you did, then please quote it.

I'm amazed that someone that claims to have a 161 IQ can't argue to save themselves (ouch, another sectarian dig!).

You proved me right :)

Good night.
  • Options
    It's not because I want to, it's because the thing that you originally said was sectarian (the soap comment ;) ) has nothing to do with religion. See that?

See what? You brought it up.
    You never did explain why it was automatically sectarian to have a dig at a Celtic fan. If you did, then please quote it.

This, used in conjunction with everything else you said, is sectarian.

For the love of God read it. Don't ignore it just because it doesn't conform to the pathetic point you're trying to make, which was based on you twisting what I said in the first place.
    I'm amazed that someone that claims to have a 161 IQ can't argue to save themselves (ouch, another sectarian dig!).

I'm amazed that someone who scored so highly in a 'Beeb' IQ test can contradict themself on so many ocassions and continue to twist a counter-argument to fit their own, even after having it pointed out to them so many times.
    You proved me right :)

Prooved you right about what? That all Celtic fans are stupid, and lack logicality and reasoning?

I'd watch your words there.

Going back to this point, if you're right, does that not proove my original point that IQ tests count for shit?

Aww, sorry.
  • Options
    that's a lot of quoting guys

- just an observation
  • Options
    For the love of God read it. Don't ignore it just because it doesn't conform to the pathetic point you're trying to make, which was based on you twisting what I said in the first place.

Twisting or not, EssEmm has a point. All you keep doing is repeating your phrase
    This, used in conjunction with everything else you said, is sectarian

and simply saying something over and over does not make it so, and it doesn't explain it either. Essemm is asking for an explanation, not for you to say something louder and more slowly.
  • Options
    I'm amazed that someone that claims to have a 161 IQ can't argue to save themselves

:confused: What's IQ got to do with arguing? I have a 161 IQ according to the MENSA IQ test, and I can't argue to save my life!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mist
    Twisting or not, EssEmm has a point. All you keep doing is repeating your phrase

Uhh...yeah?

Firstly, the phrase I'm repeating is the answer to his question. I can't possibly go through each page of each thread I've argued with him in and quote every little thing he's said.

Secondly, there wouldn't be a question for him to ask if it wasn't for twisting what I said in the first place.

What's so hard to understand!?
    and simply saying something over and over does not make it so, and it doesn't explain it either. Essemm is asking for an explanation, not for you to say something louder and more slowly.

As I've said to him, and you earlier in this post, it's everything he's said in every post so far that's made me think this.

You cannot possibly expect me to go and find every post he's made, and quote every one of them.

Read the whole thing next time, Mist.
  • Options
    Anyway... yeah, lovely weather we're having! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    but kiezo! your not prooving the world exists!

PROOVVEE to me the world exists kiezo!

no matter how many times you explain something to essemm, he'll either not read it and ask you again, or just wink at you and tell you your not an aberdeen fan
  • Options
    *yawns*
  • Options

no matter how many times you explain something to essemm, he'll either not read it and ask you again, or just wink at you and tell you your not an aberdeen fan

Errr, there has been no explanation. There has been repetition, but no explanation.

Firstly, the phrase I'm repeating is the answer to his question.

No it's not.

He's asking *why* you consider what he said to be sectarian, and you just keep repeating that you think what he's said is sectarian. That's not explaning why, it's repeating what you said before.
    You cannot possibly expect me to go and find every post he's made, and quote every one of them.

No, but it's not too much to ask that you quote one thing and explain why it's sectarian, is it? Then you could both stop arguing.
    Read the whole thing next time, Mist

I have.
  • Options
    For the benefit of EssEmm (and Kieran who can't be arsed :p)
    Why is it out of order, Tarrier?

Tell me Taig, why is it different from what other clubs had to endure?

Now let's all sit back and laugh at Rangers blowing the league :lol:

COME ON THE DONS!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mist
    No it's not.

He's asking *why* you consider what he said to be sectarian, and you just keep repeating that you think what he's said is sectarian. That's not explaning why, it's repeating what you said before.

That is an explanation in itself.

You don't need to explain that calling someone a nigger is racist, the same applies here.
    No, but it's not too much to ask that you quote one thing and explain why it's sectarian, is it? Then you could both stop arguing.

As I have said, many, many times before, it's everything in conjunction with each other that makes it sectarian. One thing on its own may not seem it, but all of them together do.

And anyway, Bri found the quote I could remember reading, but couldn't find.

Cheers Bri ;)
  • Options
    To be honest i couldn't be bothered readin that. I'll just casually repeat what's been said a million times before. This is an internet website, IRC is an internet chatroom, none of that should affect you outside of the internet, just forget the whole thing and don't hold grudges. I know I'm one to talk but meh....we all learn :)
  • Options
    all celtic fans should be shot, end of story.
  • Options
    Oh stop it, you sound like the House of Commons.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lisa simpson's saxophone
    Oh stop it, you sound like the House of Commons.

All those in favour say I :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Daffeh
    all celtic fans should be shot, end of story.
    why:confused:
    some people in here say the stupidist things
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Originally posted by Brian Kitten
    For the benefit of EssEmm (and Kieran who can't be arsed :p)

Now let's all sit back and laugh at Rangers blowing the league :lol:

COME ON THE DONS!

yay!!!! i agree. up the dons!!! :D
    next year will be our year i tell ya!!! :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by chaos_insomniac
    To be honest i couldn't be bothered readin that. I'll just casually repeat what's been said a million times before. This is an internet website, IRC is an internet chatroom, none of that should affect you outside of the internet, just forget the whole thing and don't hold grudges. I know I'm one to talk but meh....we all learn :)

shut the fuck up chaos/mobily

sorry, its just that i have that on a macro now :)
  • Options
    shut the fuck up chaos/mobily

Oi - what does that mean? I haven't even replied to this thread! (besides this post, of course).