Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

CORRUPTION & DECEIT

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I don't know if anyone's heard, but ciggy companies are giving free fags to teenagers in Africa. They want to get the kids addicted so that they'll have to buy the cigs to help them cope with the craving. This is corruption.
Another story is in Indian hospitals, NESTLE give free baby milk powder to women in hospital to give to their babies and claimed that it's the "western way" to feed your kids. When the women come out of hospital they have to keep on feeding their babies NESTLE milk and NESTLE are bennefitting off CORRUPTION and DECEIT.

IN THE BEGINNING THERE WAS THE WORD...

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hiya,
    Was wondering if either of you had the articles or any other info on the whole Nestle thing cos I gotta do a speach for my coursework and I thought this would be an interesting topic to do.
    Thanks loads for any help!

~J~
    xxxxxxx
    This Nestle thing has been going on for some time now but do you realise how hard it is to boycott them? They even own Findus Crispy Pancakes for goodness sakes!

And how many ppl drink Nescafe? It is the market leader in instant coffee.

Yes, Nestle have exploited the ppl of developing countries all over the world. Grrrr! It sickens me to the stomach (me being a very pro-breastfeeding mother that breastfed for 2 years).

They know damned well that breast is best and they make enough money in Western countries anyway without needing to exploit them.

They actually got Brazilian mothers to believe that formula milk was better for their babies and payed them in milk in return for their picking cocoa beans!

It is easy to suck ppl into thinking formula milk is better because it is very fattening and mothers can be lead to believe that this makes it more nourishing but its not true. Formula milk actually heightens the chance of weight problems in adulthood whereas breastmilk reduces it significantly.

There are articles about nestle all over the net.

It's sad really, how big companies take advantage of undeveloped societies, but like Gwai said, practically everybody drinks Nescafe and eats Nestle chocs so there's very little we can do.
    Even if everybody knew, how many would stop drinking Nescafe? a lot of people couldn't care less. To them, ignorance is bliss.