Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Test the nation

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Has anyone done the test? If so what did you get?
I got 112, above average i'll have you know:D
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I got 112 too! yey us.
    I did realy well in most sections but failed miserably in the maths, but i alreadly knew i couldnt do mental arithmatic.
    Im pretty pleased with that score. :D

not such a dumb blonde...;)
  • Options
    I GOT 126!!!!! I was rather proud of lil ol me! Considering I'm a 14-year-old temporary blonde I thought I did rather well!:D
  • Options
    IQ tests are bullshit.

All they do is measaure your ability to solve meaningless, trivial questions.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kiezo
    IQ tests are bullshit.

Awww, did you get a bad score then?:p

The South East(where I live) got an average of 103, which I must say is fairly crap. And well done Socksgirl you can almost be in Mensa I think. Scary...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Silverberg

The South East(where I live) got an average of 103, which I must say is fairly crap. And well done Socksgirl you can almost be in Mensa I think. Scary...

Lol, yeh I know :D I'm from the South East too, although I didn't register my score, maybe if I had I would have pushed up our average :p
  • Options
    IQ tests are bullshit.

Sounds like the rant of a bitter man ;-) Did you get a low score? :-)

The point is that you apply these abilities that IQ tests measure to problems in your work and everyday life.

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Silverberg

I never done it, purely because they're bullshit.
    Originally posted by EssEmm
    The point is that you apply these abilities that IQ tests measure to problems in your work and everyday life.

I know what the point of them is, but they still don't accurately measure a persons intelligence.

Oh and just to set the record straight, I've done an official IQ test before (y'know, not the kind on prime-time TV) and scored 161.
  • Options
    I never done it, purely because they're bullshit.

So why did you take the other one? :-)
    I know what the point of them is, but they still don't accurately measure a persons intelligence.

Oh and just to set the record straight, I've done an official IQ test before (y'know, not the kind on prime-time TV) and scored 161.

So why not take the 'easy peasy' BEEB one and get 70/70? :-)

How would you suggest you measure someone's intelligence?

• Options
    So why did you take the other one? :-)

A few of us were asked if we wanted to do it in school, it got us out of class, and we were able to see how well we could solve pointless tasks :p
    So why not take the 'easy peasy' BEEB one and get 70/70? :-)

Because I've taken one already, and I know my official score. Why would I need to waste my time taking another?
    How would you suggest you measure someone's intelligence?

Simple. Anyone who finishes every post with ':rolleyes:' is retarded.
  • Options

Because I've taken one already, and I know my official score. Why would I need to waste my time taking another?

If they're bullshit then surely your 'official' score is bullshit too? :)

That would make more sense.

Simple. Anyone who finishes every post with ':rolleyes:' is retarded.

I'd say that anyone who has ended a post with a Republican signature is retarded :)

• Options
    If they're bullshit then surely your 'official' score is bullshit too? :)

That would make more sense.

I don't remember saying it wasn't.
    I'd say that anyone who has ended a post with a Republican signature is retarded :)

Republicans are retarded? Oh dear.
  • Options
    I don't remember saying it wasn't.

You are telling us all about your 161 score on the other board though. Why do that if IQ tests are bullshit? :)
    Republicans are retarded? Oh dear.

Surely someone that claims to have such a high IQ would notice that I never said that ;)
  • Options
    You are telling us all about your 161 score on the other board though. Why do that if IQ tests are bullshit? :)

To quell any suspicions that the reason for me speaking out against IQ tests, was because I scored poorly in them in the same way that happened in this thread.
    Surely someone that claims to have such a high IQ would notice that I never said that ;)

What were you saying then? Everyone should have free speach unless they want to promote Republicanism?
  • Options
    What were you saying then? Everyone should have free speach unless they want to promote Republicanism?

This is debate I'll happily take up with you on an appropriate board :)

• Options
    This is debate I'll happily take up with you on an appropriate board :)

Try it - I think you'll find you'll be shot down in flames by me, as well as the regulars of the Polotics forum.
  • Options
    The test last night wasn't meant to be that precise, it's never going to be that good with only 70 questions. Also it was heavily age-dependent, the highest someone of my age could get was 137 (which I did :p ) whereas someone in the oldest age group could get 157.

If you are at the extremes of the scale then the test wouldn't give you a very realisitic score, I know from two previous tests that my IQ is between about 170-180 but that involved some 300 questions.

I'm sure this topic came up last time this show was on and it turned out we had some worrlyingly clever people on the site :eek:
  • Options
    i didnt do this one,but on the first one i got 122:)