Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

I've had enough of being ill!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Aaaaargghhhh! Well, yet again my medication has messed me up. Basically, I've been taking anti-inflammatories for arthritis, they were giving me stomach pain, so I was given something called a cox-2 inhibitor which should be more gentle on the stomach. Yeah, right. On friday I went out and had a couple of glasses of wine, and ended up having to call the doc out in the middle of the night cos I was in loads of pain and vomiting. Diagnosis:the cox-2 was aggravating my stomach. So now, I can't take any anti-inflammatories for at least 2 weeks, just co-dydramol, which will reduce the pain but can't stop inflammation. And I have my A levels in 2 weeks, so I'm starting to panick a bit! I've been referred by my doc to physiotherapy, where I should be able to get a wrist splint thing, but I can't believe that'll be done in 2 weeks and I'm really starting to worry bout how this'll affect my exams. I'm so scared I'll fail cos of all this. And I'm just fed up of feeling so crap, it's just one thing after another at the moment. My hands are just getting more and more sore, and there's nothing I can do about it. Most mornings they're so sore that it actually makes me cry, and they're just gonna get worse without my anti-inflammatories. Sorry to go on, but I really need to get this off my chest. :(

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    ah *hugs*

Poor thing cheer up!
    Sorry to hear you're still having trouble.
    Have you spoke to your school/college about getting a scribe to write for you in your exams?
    They should be able to do this if you let them know quickly
    Just thought I'd let y'all know that I've got a physio appointment on monday, which I'm soooo happy about! I went to see my consultant on thursday and she must have pushed things along which is good. Still a bit down about everything, but not as much as before, at least there's a bit of progress now. Thanks for the replies, it's nice to have a bit of encouragement. Tates xxx