Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Revenge

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
When someone pisses you off do you remember and hold a grudge? Do you get revenge?

I always remember, and I always try to get revenge. Always.

I am evil, oh yes.

If my middle name wasn't Leonie, it would be Revenge. ;)

Comments

• Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Re: Revenge
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    When someone pisses you off do you remember and hold a grudge? Do you get revenge?

I always remember, and I always try to get revenge. Always.

I am evil, oh yes.

If my middle name wasn't Leonie, it would be Revenge. ;)

yes :yes: but i quite often wait so that they are surprised by it. but i do get it, oh yes.
  • Options
    Nope. I might hold a grudge for a while but I rarely do anything about it.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    hmmm ... revenge is sweet :yum:

edit: but maybe im just an evil bitch.
  • Options
    Might hold a grudge, but revenge is pretty pointless and immature.

Two wrongs don’t make a right.

Just move on.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mobily's Ghost
    Might hold a grudge, but revenge is pretty pointless and immature.

Two wrongs don’t make a right.

Just move on.
    No it is not pointless. It has a point therefore it is not pointless.

Immature? So what? Everybody can be called immature from time to time and immaturity is not a crime.

Two wrongs don't make a right, agree.

Revenge is great, and everybody who crosses me will get their just desserts, even if it takes them a while to realise.
  • Options
    LOL It may have a point, but I consider that point to be silly and stupid. For instance, if someone broke your legs, would you go after them and break theirs or at least 'teach them a lesson'? Yeah, that's good.
  • Options
    LOL It may have a point, but I consider that point to be silly and stupid. For instance, if someone broke your legs, would you go after them and break theirs or at least 'teach them a lesson'? Yeah, that's good.
    No I would report them to the Polie and if no action was taken I would sue them. If that failed then I would find another way to get them back.

I also did not say that the revenge would teach them a lesson. Trust me, in many instances I have attained revenge in a very silent manner and people haven't realised for ages what has happened.
  • Options
    No I dont usually bother trying to get revenge, its more hassle than its worth, and then they might want to get revenge back again and then youd have to get even more revenge and it would be never-ending. If someone retaliates soon after the event then i could understand it, but if they left it a while then its far too cold and calculated. I dont buy into the `revenge is a dish best served cold` philosophy at all. Saying all that, if someone killed or seriously hurt one of my friends or family, then I would probably want revenge, but it would have to be something pretty serious.
  • Options
    No I would report them to the Polie and if no action was taken I would sue them. If that failed then I would find another way to get them back.

Of course I agree with the first sentence, or at least some of it. What would you do if either option failed?
  • Options
    Revenge truely is sweet :D
  • Options
    I read about a woman sewing prawns into the curtain linings of her ex boyfriends house. My variation on that theme was leaving a prawn sandwich hidden under the bed. Not quite the same effect.

I like the idea of revenge but in reality it makes you look like a psycho, the best revenge is to move on, have a wonderful fulfilled life, be happy and not even give that person a second thought. Life is too short to be filled with bitterness, concentrate on yourself.
  • Options
    Originally posted by PussyKatty
    I like the idea of revenge but in reality it makes you look like a psycho, the best revenge is to move on, have a wonderful fulfilled life, be happy and not even give that person a second thought. Life is too short to be filled with bitterness, concentrate on yourself.

Yeah, I agree.

Prawn sandwich eh? :naughty::D
  • Options
    It depends what the person has done to me to whether I'll get revenge or not.
  • Options
    Of course I agree with the first sentence, or at least some of it. What would you do if either option failed?

:chin:

Dunno.

Of course I only get revenge on people who have done something serious, I don't mean someone who pisses me off once or twice, that would take far too much energy.
  • Options
    Hmmmmm :chin: I do hold a grudge but I can never think of sneaky things on how to get revenge on people! *thinks about any times Ive needed to get revenge . . . there isn't any* Damm!

Why what does everyone else do?! And what was it for?!!
  • Options
    No it is not pointless. It has a point therefore it is not pointless.

Immature? So what? Everybody can be called immature from time to time and immaturity is not a crime.

Two wrongs don't make a right, agree.

Revenge is great, and everybody who crosses me will get their just desserts, even if it takes them a while to realise.

Well...it does have a "point" but its a sort of "anti-point", because usually it will end up causing more bad stuff to happen to you, which isn't worthwhile for an abstract moral reason.

Although, to stop people from doing stuff to youin future- by sortof making an example to show you can't be walked over it might be worthwhile, but then the revenge would have to be visible and public!
  • Options
    i just get angry:)