Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Camden

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://www.streetsensation.co.uk/camden/hs1_west.htm

I really want to live there now. Someone I know went there and said it has the best selection of shops!! There is a shop there called High Jinks, don't know if anyone is familiar with it, but that is the only place to get the jacket I really really want!

Does anybody live near Camden?

Comments

• Options
    not really near but only 15-20 mins away by the tube :S
  • Options
    Don`t actually live there but my mum`s family is all from Kentish Town.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Miffy
    Don`t actually live there but my mum`s family is all from Kentish Town.
    Hehe, I love the assumption that I actually have a clue where that is! Theonly places I can navigate in London are Richmond and Surbiton!
  • Options
    it sounds really familliar, i think one of my mates told me something about it!
    There are some great shops there! I wanna go shopping there
  • Options
    Don't live there but I go when I go to London, which is easy to get to from where I live. There's a shop called Punky Fish which sells lots of brightly coloured clubbing clothes; interesting designs, very nice!
  • Options
    Yeah I sometimes go shopping there when I go up to London.
    It's good, but you get bored of it..all the shops are kind of the same. Camden Lock's quite cool, if you like the whole PVC and gothic stuff! But it's interesting at least...
    I think Camden is the most exciting when your're a dope smoking 14yr old. It's still a good place though...I like it.

There's also a big High Jinks in the Thomas Neals centre on Neal Street next to Covent Garden. The High Jinks in Camden is relatively new. It's pretty expensive though...
  • Options
    Oh yeah, I love Covent Garden too!

I really like going to London. My friend works on the trains and goes to London everyday but she has never had the chance to look around. Last time I went my brother got mugged (he was 13) and the last time my boyfriend went to see a band play him and his friends got followed back to the hotel by someone trying to sell them drugs and a huge fight broke out.

So our experiences aren't too good and we're scared to go back, lol!
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    Hehe, I love the assumption that I actually have a clue where that is! Theonly places I can nagigate in London are Richmond and Surbiton!

Lol. Kentish Town virtually is in Camden. Look on the map thingy on that site you posted. ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Pink Soda
    I think Camden is the most exciting when your're a dope smoking 14yr old. It's still a good place though...I like it.

LOL that sums up how i feel about it too. I LOVED it as a dope smoking 14/15/16 year old, but kind of lacks interest for me now. its all London and thats a bad thing.
  • Options
    Re: Camden
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    http://www.streetsensation.co.uk/camden/hs1_west.htm

I really want to live there now. Someone I know went there and said it has the best selection of shops!! There is a shop there called High Jinks, don't know if anyone is familiar with it, but that is the only place to get the jacket I really really want!

Does anybody live near Camden?

you want to live their? lol

shopping wise its ment to be good
    but to live! its a craphole
  • Options
    its pretty overrated. if you like baggies and hoodies you'll be in heaven. but there is nothing else. at all. and they are all pretty much the same too. like someone else said, its heaven for 15 year old dope smokers but i grew out of camden pretty quick. its a hole.

its got quite a cool vibe ill give it that, very laid back and chilled (except the dealers constantly hastling you, also dont buy from anyone there in the street you WILL get mugged).

other than that, very overrated.
  • Options
    Ok, so I don't want to live there, that was an exaggeration. I just want that pink jacket from High Jinks!
  • Options
    Originally posted by octopus of doom

(except the dealers constantly hastling you, also dont buy from anyone there in the street you WILL get mugged).

I didn't realise that people actually peddled drugs on the street in Camden so i was well shocked with all the shifty lookin guys in the doorways! I guess that's just my naive out of town way though!
  • Options
    camden rocks. It has some really cool shops but frankly it is a TAD over rated. the market is pretty bland everyone says its cool but the only thing i find interesting is the conversations I have with the sellers! I prefer other areas of london like Leicester Square or Oxford street. I used to love convent garden but the stuff is so expensive.
  • Options
    I've been to camden a few times with my friends and it's fun but i don't rave about it. it's a good experience (cyber dog!) and has kewl shops but the markets i luv! its all so cheap! mind you we always take some boy mates to protect us from scary shop peoples:p
    xxx
  • Options
    Originally posted by Girl_gunner
    mind you we always take some boy mates to protect us from scary shop peoples:p
    xxx

Yeah, last time I was in the Camden Lock market, I was trying some trousers on in that shop that looks like a tunnel and the lesbian shop assistant came onto me in the changing rooms! :eek2: I was scared...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Pink Soda
    Yeah, last time I was in the Camden Lock market, I was trying some trousers on in that shop that looks like a tunnel and the lesbian shop assistant came onto me in the changing rooms! :eek2: I was scared...
    yeah me and my mate had some guy try and get us to go upstairs in his shop...we eventually ran out!
    xxx
  • Options
    Originally posted by Girl_gunner
    yeah me and my mate had some guy try and get us to go upstairs in his shop...we eventually ran out!
    xxx
    hmm.........you sure he meant bad? theres this really odd staircase u have t go up to egt to a part of one of the shops (for loadsa trousers) and then u have to go up another lot to get changed......im sure there were hidden cameras eyech. cos an old guy winked at me wen i came back down.....:eek:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Pepsi_104
    hmm.........you sure he meant bad? theres this really odd staircase u have t go up to egt to a part of one of the shops (for loadsa trousers) and then u have to go up another lot to get changed......im sure there were hidden cameras eyech. cos an old guy winked at me wen i came back down.....:eek:
    we are easily scared:pnt so sure bout the cameras tho!:eek2:
    xxx