Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Excuses

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok well basically i missed my college interview because i forgot about it!and now i have to ring up but what can i say?i cant just say i forgot?grr i need help!

Comments

• Options
    you're extremely stressed about work/exams/family and you completely forgot. kinda crappy but it always gets me out of work.
  • Options
    Say you had a family emergency.
  • Options
    Say you were busy and had to organise some stuff and lost track of time. Or yeah, say there was a family emergency :)
  • Options
    I don't know what your college interview was for, but I suggest that you show that you are an organised person and that missing the interview would not have occurred but for a major – and more important – event. This is especially important if it is an interview that will determine whether or not you will study at that college. So make sure that you do not say 'it slipped my mind' or something similar that suggests forgetfulness and an inability to prioritise. So I agree with the family emergency.
  • Options
    mate college workers are used to 'students' it happend to me and i said i got the date wrong, only just realised and she was fine
  • Options
    How can itjust slip your mind?

You won't tell them you forgot, cause they'll think you're disorganised and can't take up responsibility... Ever occurred to you, that it might just exactly be the case?

Seriously, it's your education and your future. I really don't get the mind-set.
  • Options
    tell them the weed you scored was a lot stronger than you expected and you haven't been able to get out of your armchair. you think you might be able to pop in, in a couple of days.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    tell them the weed you scored was a lot stronger than you expected and you haven't been able to get out of your armchair. you think you might be able to pop in, in a couple of days.

:lol: I'll add that to the long - and growing - list of Roll's gags. In fact it is almost longer than Bob Monkhouse's. :)